cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Back up Camera

corgidad
Explorer
Explorer
Looking for recommendations for a back up camera for my truck to hook up my TT, any feedback and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
18 REPLIES 18

richamor
Explorer
Explorer
Checked with Keystone this is their recommendation for my TT:

1. Furrion mount bracket prep kit. Part No. FRCBRKT-BL

2. Furrion Camera and Monitor Kit. Part No. FRC12TA-BL

Check if your RV or Trailer has been pre installed with the mounting bracket prep kit

richamor
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks!!

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
rihamor,

I will need to pull the manual to see which model I have.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

wrenchbender
Explorer
Explorer
I use an I Ball love it I fabed a suction cup bracket and I attach it to the rear of the TT when backing in tight spots.

richamor
Explorer
Explorer
My Coleman is pre wired for a rear camera but not sure which one. Any idea which Furrion the dealer installed? Thanks

pld33270
Explorer
Explorer
Just got the Furrion system thru the dealer on my new trailer. So far, I nothing but got things to say about it. I use it as a rear view mirror on the road and of course for backing up.
Camp with my lovely wife, Rat Terriers and Jack Chi
2022 Rockwood Minilite 2205S
2015 GMC Canyon, crew cab, long bed
2 Honda EU 2000i
Andersen WDH

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Pyle wireless backup camera. Don't Buy One of these. The signal from the transmitter is to weak and it rarely works. it also turns itself on every time you drive past someones wireless driveway camera.

I am watching this thread myself to purchase a new one.

The Fusion one looks good to me. Especially since their web site has a video on how to install it on my make and model of truck. If not for that I have been avoiding wired cameras because getting the wire into the cab could be tough. Since they have a video for my truck that should make it easier.

corgidad
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you everyone for the great information. I am looking at everything you all have mentioned.

EvenKeel
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Swift Hitch camera. It works fine, and has for the past 5 years.
Len and Ann, Annabelle and Ranger (Australian Shepherds) and 4 cats.
Arctic Fox 32A, F-350 diesel dually

srd1941
Explorer
Explorer
I use an iBall. Works great for hitch up.
Stan

2012Coleman
Explorer
Explorer
look up iBall camera on Amazon.
Experience without good judgment is worthless; good judgment without experience is still good judgment!

2018 RAM 3500 Big Horn CTD
2018 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS

mrgrim007
Explorer
Explorer
I installed an after market stereo with two camera inputs. One input is for my TV, the other for my TT. The screen is about 7โ€.

I installed two cameras; one on my TV and one on the back of my TT. Theyโ€™re hardwired. The cameras were about $20 each on Amazon. The Pioneer stereo was about $500 and has built-in Apple Car Play and Android Auto.

Itโ€™s nice having my texts, maps, Pandora, etc. on the stereo when using Apple Car Play. I also like that I donโ€™t have to have a separate screen for my cameras. Everything is in one unit. The cameras work great and I havenโ€™t had any problems with this setup.

Camera

Pioneer Stereo
2014 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, Longbed
Rockwood 2608BS - On Order

Sold - 2002 Suburban 2500, 8.1L, 4.10
Sold - 2016 Jayco Jayflight SLX 212QBW 25' 6"
Sold - 2013 Jayco Jayflight 32BHDS 35' 6"

sbergherr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the Furrion wireless backup/observation camera as well. I have had zero problems with it. Works great for lane changes as well.

tdcolby
Explorer
Explorer
legolas wrote:
Does anyone have a line on a wireless camera ?

Furrion wireless backup/observation camera

I'm happy with mine. The camera powers up with the running lights.