cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Flexzilla water hose?

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
Anyone use it ? I have their air hose and like it . I saw a white one once but not anymore the standard green one states drinking water safe. I hate the stiff plastic ones I have.
12 REPLIES 12

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
I've been drinking out of random garden hoses for 46 years. I don't see a reason to change that practice.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
Just kidding,,,,I am still here.

Campinfan
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have been drinking out of hoses for over 50 years and it hasnt affec

jkwilson
Explorer II
Explorer II
Johnny G1 wrote:
DutchmenSport wrote:
I have not found a garden hose yet that I have not drunk from myself and has not killed me yet. All you can do is try it and see what happens.
X2 and besides that I always run my water through a filter, have drank out of garden hoses for 70+ yrs and still do.

I drank out of whatever hose was hooked up when I was growing up. Some of the best water I ever had because it was when I'd been out playing or working in the summer heat.
John & Kathy
2014 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS
2014 F250 SBCC 6.2L 3.73

Spearfisherman7
Explorer
Explorer
I have several. The ones I keep outside on the ground does have some mildew on the outside. The one in the rv is 6 months old and still looks new. Works great for rolling up in the rv.

aruba5er
Explorer
Explorer
I called the co. to ask if it was safe to use for drinking water and their response was it was NSF certified for drinking water. So I bought 2 50 ft'ers. Love them. So much easier to use than those white ones.

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
After looking at reviews on Amazon,it seems to have some mold issues. Thanks for the link on the water right hose . Your correct $$$ but I believe quality sells for a premium. Will do further investigation into the water right hose as it currently looks to be the way to go.

Thanks

hondapro
Explorer
Explorer
I have a flexzilla water hose I love it.I use it around the house I like that it does not kink and is not stiff.
I never thought about using one when we camp,I will have to look into that I also hate the stiff white hoses
Steve
2023 Ram 3500 6.7 Cummins Turbo Diesel
2022 Keystone Sprinter 32BH
B&W Companion

Johnny_G1
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
I have not found a garden hose yet that I have not drunk from myself and has not killed me yet. All you can do is try it and see what happens.
X2 and besides that I always run my water through a filter, have drank out of garden hoses for 70+ yrs and still do.
98 Mountain Aire 34' 210 Cummins Puller and 2001 dodge dully with all the toy's, 400 + hp pullin a 2001 32.5' Okanogan 5th wheel, new to us after 5 yrs with the 28' Travel Aire. Lots of fun.

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it's worth .... these are one of the best fresh water hoses available for RV use.

Their 7/16 inch 400 series or 1/2 inch 500 series are super lightweight and rated for drinking water use. The big and heavy 5/8 inch or 3/4 inch less expensive hoses are not only unwieldy and take up too much storage space for RV use, but those larger diameters are not needed for RV water fill flow rates.

But like all great products, they're not inexpensive: https://www.waterrightinc.com/collections/watering-accessories/products/slim-lightweight-polyurethan...

(We use one of the 500 series at our residence for gardening. For the RV we carry a hose that flattens as you roll it up on a reel.)
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

Jackfate
Explorer
Explorer
I'm sorry I had the name wrong FLEXZILLA NOT FLEXON

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer