cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tailgater

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
The last time I used my tailgater it worked, now all I get is the sound of the motor humming but can not find a sat. Any ideas?

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS
4 REPLIES 4

NEOK
Explorer
Explorer
If your receiver hasn't been connected for a while you may need to contact DISH and have them send a signal to the receiver to activate it. You can contact them by telephone or chat and it o ly takes a few minutes to activate the receiver.
neok
2009 GMC 25000HD Short Bed 6.0 Gas Engine Crew Cab SLT 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 15C9.5FS
Torklift Talons, Fastguns, Stableload Quick Disconnects, Superhitch & SuperTruss

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Are you using the exact same receiver as the last time you used it? How long since you last used it and has the receiver being connected to Dish the whole time? If that's all the good and the same then take the dome off and let us know what's happening inside.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
I had a tailgator that had a motor inside go bad. It would move around and stop side to side but not move up and down to lock in. Sent it back to King Controls and they sent me a new one. It was under warranty still.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Do you have an unobstructed view of the sky in the direction of the sats?

Take the cover off before you power it up. Then power up and watch the antenna. Mine starts rotating in a counter clockwise direction until it reaches the handle area (handle pointed north). Then it rotates clockwise a full turn until it reaches the handle again. Then it rotates back until it reaches a generally southern direction (western arc sats position for my location). Then it starts a series of very small movements up and down and side to side homing in on the three sats. Sometimes it ends up pointed east and I have to restart it a time or two before it points south and finds the sats. That will tell whether the antenna is moving correctly. If it does go thru these movements and never finds the sats there may be a problem in the electronics.