cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to lubricate electric jacks, 2014 Durango 325

JoeWebPage
Explorer
Explorer
Looking through my manual it says to lubricate the electric jacks. Only it doesn't say how. My jacks are starting to "stutter" when in use. Lubricating the actual extended jacks themselves doesn't seem to be a solution.

Anyone know how to go about this?
2012 Durango 2500 325RL, Remote jacks, 5500 Onan, TST TPMS
2004 GMC Duramax, USAF retired ๐Ÿ™‚
6 REPLIES 6

JoeWebPage
Explorer
Explorer
Ok, so I looked ... no zerks. Then I watched all the videos starting with the suggested one. My jacks don't look anything like any of those videos. My motors mount directly on top of the jack. I can't see any way to remove the motor/gear box. Further, I really don't see any way to get to one of the front jacks. I have a generator and it looks like I might have to remove the generator or the propane bottles and their enclosure. That's a whole another issue.

Frustration building big time. ๐Ÿ˜ž
2012 Durango 2500 325RL, Remote jacks, 5500 Onan, TST TPMS
2004 GMC Duramax, USAF retired ๐Ÿ™‚

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
I kind of followed what this guy on this video did. Made the tool to slide up into the landing gear. Wasn't hard to make and it worked like it was supposed to. My only problem is that the curb side landing gear I can't easily get to the top to lube the bevel gears. To do so looks like I will have to remove the box for my propane tanks!!!:E

I haven't done that yet but lubed everything else. Good luck, John

Just reread this and realized I forgot to include the link: Here
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Helimech
Explorer
Explorer
Try this site if you don't have the zerks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U9naxSjaA9w

Dave_H_M
Explorer
Explorer
i grease mine up like jerry described.

When I heard about grease certs, i thought well shiver my timbers. Got the top of my fat torso in there with a good light and bingo there they were.

filrupmark
Explorer
Explorer
Ours started squeaking as if it galding . Greased it like MFL said and no more problem. Sad thing about it is that our rig was 3 or 4 months old at the time. Maybe Lippert doesn't lubricate during assembly.
2004 Ford F250 Super Duty 6.0 Diesel, Bilstein 4600 Shocks, 16K B&W Patriot, Michelin M&S
2014 Augusta Flex AF34RS Trailair Tri Glide pinbox,
JT Strong Arms , Bridgestone R250'S, KYB Monotube Gas shocks
Finally a smooth ride !!!

MFL
Nomad II
Nomad II
Mine has zerks about 6-8 inches from top of legs. Also the caps on top of legs can be removed to smear a little grease on the beveled gear drive.

Jerry