cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Valvoline Premium Blue 15W-40 @ Advance Auto Parts

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
If any of you have an Advance Auto Parts nearby they have the VPB 15w-40 on sale for $7.15 a gallon! I bought 9 gallons today as I'm due for a change and picked up my strataphore filters and fuel filters from Amazon for now and the next couple of changes.

I thought this was a great deal and figured I'd pass it along. I know it's not the 5w-40 synthetic, but here in the Deep South it will serve me fine. I've been running the Delo LE but couldn't help but try this oil for the price. Plus it's what Cummins recommends. I'm aware that's mostly marketing, but still a win win I feel. Hopefully this will help someone out!
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!
6 REPLIES 6

IdaD
Explorer
Explorer
nremtp143 wrote:
Back in July NAPA had the Extreme Blue 5w-40 full synthetic for $17.99 a gallon. so I bought 10 gallons. Enough for me to change my 6.7L 3 times. Plus, at the time, it was the only synthetic on Ford's list of oils for newer trucks. BTW, I walked into the nearest NAPA dealer and was impressed at the new store.

Yeah $18 is about the best I've been able to do on synthetic. I have no choice but to pony up for the synthetic stuff where I live.
2015 Cummins Ram 4wd CC/SB

nremtp143
Explorer
Explorer
Back in July NAPA had the Extreme Blue 5w-40 full synthetic for $17.99 a gallon. so I bought 10 gallons. Enough for me to change my 6.7L 3 times. Plus, at the time, it was the only synthetic on Ford's list of oils for newer trucks. BTW, I walked into the nearest NAPA dealer and was impressed at the new store.
2016 Montana 3790RD, Legacy Edition, G614s, TST TPMS
2008 Thor Vortex 26FS
2013 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4, Edge CTS, B&W Companion, Viair 10007 Air System, Firestone Air Bags
2001 Excursion Limited 7.3L 4x4, V/B Springs
2001 Silverado 3500 DRW CCLB 8.1L/Allison 4x4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thanks for the heads up. Will be stocking up!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

LIKE2BUILD
Explorer
Explorer
Greene728 wrote:
If any of you have an Advance Auto Parts nearby they have the VPB 15w-40 on sale for $7.15 a gallon! I bought 9 gallons today as I'm due for a change and picked up my strataphore filters and fuel filters from Amazon for now and the next couple of changes.

I thought this was a great deal and figured I'd pass it along. I know it's not the 5w-40 synthetic, but here in the Deep South it will serve me fine. I've been running the Delo LE but couldn't help but try this oil for the price. Plus it's what Cummins recommends. I'm aware that's mostly marketing, but still a win win I feel. Hopefully this will help someone out!

Wow, that's a fantastic deal. Yes, Valvoline Premium Blue is the Cummins specified oil and living in the South you're fine running it year round.

In my area we occasionally see temps below zero. So, rather than bother switching with the seasons I just run Rotella T6 5W40 all year. I was getting some parts at my local dealership recently and I asked them what they use when they do oil changes. The parts manager said Rotella T6 5W40 goes into every single oil change they perform on the Cummins 6.7L trucks regardless of season.

KJ
'14 Ram 2500|Crew Cab Long Bed|4X4|Cummins
Curt Q20 with Ram 5th Wheel Prep
2000 Crownline 205BR
1997 Ranger Comanche 461VS
'01 Polaris Virage TX PWC
'94 Polaris SLT750 PWC
3 Wonderful Sons (21, 15, & 13)
1 forgiving wife!!!

Greene728
Explorer
Explorer
Turtle n Peeps wrote:
That's a hellof deal! I might have to check that out! Thanks

I know! It was $21.45 for three gallons. Hope you find some! The sales paper I had was buy 2 get one free. Got there and found out what it was and stocked up! Lol
2011 Crossroads Cruiser 29BHS ( Traded )
2017 Grand Design 303RLS ( Sold )
Currently camperless ( Just taking a break )
2016 Chevy Silverado 2500 4x4 6.0 and 4:10โ€™s
Me and the wife and our two daughters. Life's good!

Turtle_n_Peeps
Explorer
Explorer
That's a hellof deal! I might have to check that out! Thanks
~ Too many freaks & not enough circuses ~

"Life is not tried ~ it is merely survived ~ if you're standing
outside the fire"

"The best way to get a bad law repealed is to enforce it strictly."- Abraham Lincoln