cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacing couch with recliners

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
Have 2017 Thor four winds 30 ft. Has anyone swapped their couch for recliners. Good Decision? Couch is very uncomfortable. Looks like it will work. Comments and suggestions are appreciated.
Thanks.
9 REPLIES 9

jgellis586
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the replies. Looks like we will have recliners next year.

Off_Pavement
Explorer
Explorer
I pulled the U dinette out of our 23' class C and here is the result. 0 clearance recliners don't swivel and I wish they did.

The Road To Paradise Is NOT Paved!
Please Support Multiple Use of our Public Lands!

Brian Hoag
www.rv-camping.org
'10 Sunseeker Class C - Gozer II
'13 Jeep JKU (Wrangler) - Billie

photobug
Explorer
Explorer
Did just the opposite, kinda. MH had 2 barrel chairs and a small pull out table. Didn't like the chairs since I'm a sprawler instead of sitting upright. Ripped the whole thing out and build a slideout couch/bed with a futon mattress. Super comfortable now, extra place to sleep, more storage and when retracted doesn't take up any more of the aisle than the chairs. Know anyone that wants a couple of Swivel Barrel chairs?
1998 Class C Lazy Daze 26 1/2 island bed
banks intake/exhaust
wifi/4g/siriusXM/DTV/DirecTV/CB
2xGeorbital electric bike conversions

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
We just did it with a dual recliner.

Hide-a-bed couches are pretty heavy so good chance, you aren't adding any weight.

Only tricky part was the recliners need a litle space away from the wall (even the zero clearance ones).
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Am_Eagle_01
Explorer
Explorer
We just finished trading out the couch for reclining theater seating in our 17 Jayco Greyhawk. We actually took the tag from the bottom of the couch and called Mastercraft and were able to get the same material and they had lots of designs and widths. The wife was happy and I got a recliner. A little tight but I can live with it. The couch comes apart in 4 sections and was easy to get out. The theater seats were four sections, a little tight for the door, but being careful and padding all is well. Whole process less than an hour. Would do it again in an heart beat!!!

trigley
Explorer
Explorer
We did it once several years ago on a fiver. I think we had to take off part of the door frame and I don't know if we would have got the couch out then except our son who is a pretty big guy was stuck inside.
We kept the couch and when we sold the trailer the buyer wanted it.
I warned him it was too tight but they were having a family reunion, so had lots of help and did get it in.

happynow
Explorer
Explorer
We feel the same and are considering the same project for our 2015 Thor Siesta. I have seen posts here and on other Forums of folks who love the change.

Our couch is on the slide,so our concern is adding weight when changing from couch to recliners.

I wonder if anyone who has made the change from couch to recliners had slide issues immediately after.
happynow

Steve and Carol

samsontdog
Explorer
Explorer
I have done this twice. Wife liked the couch so I cannot switch this TT over.
It was a job getting the couch out for a soon to be 80 yr old fart. The recliners was easy as the back came off. I highly recommend switching, the wife not so much
samsontdog:o:W

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
I've been considering this also.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad