cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Towing 2015 Malibu

OregonTravelers
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone here or if you know of anyone that is towing a 2015 Malibu LTZ with a 2.5 Liter engine and 6 speed automatic transmission 4 down behind their motor home?
It owners manual is not specific.  It just describes how to tow a vehicle 4 down.  When we purchased the vehicle 2 years ago, we were told that the 2.5 liter was not towable 4 down while the 2.0 liter was towable 4 down.  If I remember correctly, at that time I check the FMCA and Motorhome list and found that it was NOT towable.  
Now looking at various sources including the two magazine, I find that all 2015 Malibu's are towable 4 down without modification.  
So wondering if you or anyone you know is or has towed a 2015 Malibu 4 down?  
Thanks
The trail is the thing
Not the end of the trail
Travel too fast and you miss
all that you are traveling for.
(From:"Ride The Dark Trail" by Louis L'Amour)
5 REPLIES 5

lryrob9301
Explorer
Explorer
As per Remco Towing Products website it is towable 4 down AS IS.

dicknellen
Explorer
Explorer
Go with what the owners manual says, I don’t think it was engine specific until 2017. Dick

afrescopXx
Explorer
Explorer
Page 10-80 of the 2015 Malibu Owner's Manual explains the procedures for flat towing. There are no engine specific requirements leading one to believe all available 2015 Malibus can be towed four down.

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
"we were told that the 2.5 liter was not towable 4 down while the 2.0 liter was towable 4 down."

Being "told" isn't the way Chevrolet communicates with owners. And what others do isn't enough for you to make a decision like this IMO. Find out from Chevy...a writing.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
well if you read it in the trade press, they must know more about it than the manufacturer. tow at your own risk. are those instructions for towing 4 down in the owner's manual, for emergency towing, i.e. NMT 30 miles at NMT 30 mph?
bumpy