cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Interior engine cover

kwright
Explorer
Explorer
I have an 05 Coachmen Mirada that I keep in tip top shape. Well was thinking of recovering my engine cover but noticed that it does not sit properly. My interior engine cover close to the front of the motor does not fit properly there is a 3/4 inch gap across the front and a 3/4 inch gap on the drivers side. Do these things warp over time? Is there someway to fix this?
2 REPLIES 2

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"kwight".....On my Monaco, you could turn it around and install it in either direction. Could yours have been reversed and would fit better the other way.

If not the case, if you're going to recover it, fix the fit and then recover.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

Gjac
Explorer III
Explorer III
What does the latching mechanism look like? A picture or at least a description would help. Mine has two adjustable latches that you can screw a bolt in to make it tighter to eliminate the gap. I doubt that your cover warped unless your engine runs extremely hot. Did you have an exhaust manifold leak? Another thing to look at is the supporting structure underneath if it is bent somehow the cover wont fit properly. Did your buy it like that or did it all of a sudden develop a gap?