cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Fuel Price WHACK In November...?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
PEMEX is deep in talks with the Secretaria de Gobernacion about raising the cost of gasoline and diesel to 40 or 41 pesos per liter 1 November.

This goes against rumors of "easing" of fuel prices. No one wants to see $4.30+ gasoline and diesel (plus pump "error") down here. But don't be surprised if it becomes reality.

My sarcastic nature forces the idea on me if the price jumps it's because the current administration has just so much time to "prepare" being ousted next near with presidential election.

In any event, a shock like this will fuel a substantial inflation spike (dollar wise too) across the board. If I was intent on bringing down a motorhome I would be planning to set aside more money for travel and living costs.

****! I hope this turns out to be a false alarm. IMHO it would be a suicide move by the PRI political party.
15 REPLIES 15

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Sounds pretty good but today coming home through Monterrey gas prices were; 16.36, 16.06, 16.28, and one km from my house it was 15.86. This was on a 30 km stretch of Hwy 85 from Guadalupe, N.L. to Santiago, N.L.

Sounds like you need to get out more. I will take pictures as it appears people need proof to be believers.

Keep in mind, station owners can maintain their own pricing.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
Read in Periodico Excelsior web page:

The government is going to maintain the gasoline prices from September 18 due to all the disasters.

Magna .... 16.56
Premium .. 18.32
Diesel ... 17.41

navegator

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
I'm blocking you. It's just too nutty to even read your posts.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
16.53 + 6% pump "error" = 16.56 Oooooo that's par for that course. BTW try Balderdash, the expression, the other sounds like Colorado seasoning.

My positive statement about Mexico is not to wear a "No Bad Days" tee shirt after a national tragedy. Learn to love Mexico, warts and all and not slop on whitewash trying to change reality. Paint a warped enough picture and when a visitor gets slapped around with reality they tend to flee with a truly bad impression of the whitewashers. I prey on "deluded expat LIQUIDATING EVERYTHING MOVING BACK TO" sales. Talk to them, without question they were sold a bill of goods and the folks that BS'd them would be in mortal danger around them.

Living here. Loving it, while seeing and accepting reality just cannot be presented to some folks. Pity. You know for years I had a bit of a hard time accepting the fact that if a hospital bill weren't settled on-the-spot the person went to jail. Good thing I believed what I read - Big old cops with big old guns clamped themselves to my side as I was marched to the payment desk of a Seguro Popular.

But "Keep Em Ignorant" is the best policy, right? Especially the part about VISA si Master Card si American Express si Cash si Seguro Popular si Anything else? NO

It was an audio hallucination when I asked the cop "What happens if I cannot pay?"

"You come with us to the jail senor"

Illusionists do not want you to learn about stuff like this.

Wotta hoot. Wotta shame.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
MEXICOWANDERER wrote:
Currently HERE, I see Magna for around 17.00 pesos per liter - roughly $3.70 US Dollars.

I asked a taxiista if he knew of any gasolineras alongside major travel highways that had "accurate" dispensers.

"You are making the joke, right?"

It's a PITA but exiting 15-D or Mex 57 toward a town and gassing up where you see cars at the pumps can save sixteen dollars on an eighty gallon fill. This is not guesswork. The locals know where to fill up. If you see a line waiting for a particular pump wanna guess the reason why? Exactly the same logic that applies to a taqueria. The one's with customers in line sell edible product.

Right on the mark, I wouldn't have expected a positive comment from you about Mexico. Still not sure if you're real and truly live in the country or make this "stuff" up.

Current official prices for September:

Al 13 de septiembre:
Gasolina Magna: máximo de 16.53 pesos por litro
Gasolina Premium: máximo de 18.32 pesos por litro
Diésel: máximo de 17.35 pesos por litro

In my area, 35 kms south of Monterrey, the price for Magna is 16.30 and as far south as San Luis Potosi it is still hovering at 15.60 per liter.

However, this is a forum and it is personal experience or opinion based. Rarely do I see facts presented here. Mostly hearsay and boulder dash to put it lightly.

Just like the thread on pickup weights, no one here can resolve that. Get real. Page after page of, well I don't know what.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

navegator
Explorer
Explorer
The refinery at Salina Cruz had some damage from the earthquake and was running slower, the government announced after the hurricane and the quake that there would be no shortage of fuel, famous last words now they announced that there might be some problem in the supply of fuel due to the hurricane in Texas, Veracruz and the quake, this translates to "pay more per litro" at the pump, fuel prices have gone up about one peso per litro at the pumps in Ciudad Satelite al ready.

New gasolinazo on the way you can bet on that one!

navegator

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Currently HERE, I see Magna for around 17.00 pesos per liter - roughly $3.70 US Dollars.

I asked a taxiista if he knew of any gasolineras alongside major travel highways that had "accurate" dispensers.

"You are making the joke, right?"

It's a PITA but exiting 15-D or Mex 57 toward a town and gassing up where you see cars at the pumps can save sixteen dollars on an eighty gallon fill. This is not guesswork. The locals know where to fill up. If you see a line waiting for a particular pump wanna guess the reason why? Exactly the same logic that applies to a taqueria. The one's with customers in line sell edible product.

robatthelake
Explorer
Explorer
I may have to reconsider traveling to Mexico if the price of fuel continues to climb!
Rob & Jean
98 Dutch Star Diesel Pusher ..07 Honda CRV AWD

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
MORENA is going to take the presidency the PRI is history. Mexico is different from the USA. When AMLO Andres Manuel Lopez Obrador is questioned about this after his win, he is going to give the classic Mexican shrug, but here's the difference...(AMLO speaks)

"I have been saying for years that Mexico desperately needs to build and modernize our refineries and infrastructure. Here is our chance to take back our oil and make Mexico independent of foreign greed".

He will have the perfect scapegoat.

I hope you are correct Tequila. But a MORENA win is certain. This I would be willing to bet on - I need the money 🙂

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
with an election in july, I am skeptical

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you for calling me out on it sir. I won't do that again. My face is burning red. I moan about bad info. Physician Heal Thyself time.

The last three fuel price increases I dismissed as being "unlikely". Boy was I ever wrong. No matter what, twenty pesos per liter is going to provoke unrest that will make the gasolinaza protests look like a girl scout bake sale.

I need to find a rabbit's foot, four leaf clover, and anything else that would help to sway fate. With Mexico's bureaucratic nonsense about the heavier pickup truck ban, I am utterly despondent about runaway fuel costs. it would mean a sharp jolt of inflation for poor campesinos and the indigenous.

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
Well, I made a mistake too in my calculations but I was in the middle of almost soiling myself when I read the post 🙂
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
No senor I made an error, and a big one.

Twenty pesos per liter.

I apologize. A stupid error made because I became distracted.

For the life of me regardless of what Javier said, I just cannot imagine this happening. General Strike. Barricades in Mexico City and the certain forever death of the PRI political party.

Yet it is being discussed and the last time Javier suggested something to me was the Pemex ruse about refinery modernization.

I cannot afford $4.25+ 6% pump error US per gallon for gasoline. Not on my miserable income.

To top it off governor Moonbeam, in California added a 17 cents per gallon fuel tax that will start in November. The last I checked last week Communecalifraudnia stations were priced at $3.35 gallon.

But Javier does not pass along information lightly. If this outrage goes through pipelines down here are going to resemble soaker hoses with hundreds of taps.

Time to buy a MoPed 😞

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
You meant to say centavos not pesos, right? Gas would then be $8.50 a gallon.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS