cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sacramento

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody know if I-5 south through Sacramento has been repaved. It was a disaster last fall.
19 REPLIES 19

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
Don & Barb Bogue wrote:
We (the cal left wingers ) just voted a new big gas tax bill 20 cents a gallon more on gas and, diesel. Of corse Sacto lefties stole 30% for other things, off the top. Use this money on the roads like they told the taxpayers you must be out of your mind....

No all you lefties are grouped together !

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer
slickest1 wrote:
LOFAT36 wrote:
Thanks for the info on Sacramento, but I never asked about Seattle, nor do I care.

Maybe someone else might care, but since you are the only one on the road sorry to distract you.
. THen let them start their own post. Get over it.

Greyghost
Explorer
Explorer
We just finished our Alaska trip with a drive on I5 from 152 to 210 and on to I10. I was pleasantly surprised with the condition of I5.
Pat & Roger Fisher
2005 American Tradition 40W
2012 Honda CRV EX-L 2WD,
Jewel, Clifford and Thor - Bouvier Des Flandres

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
LOFAT36 wrote:
Thanks for the info on Sacramento, but I never asked about Seattle, nor do I care.

Maybe someone else might care, but since you are the only one on the road sorry to distract you.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

Don___Barb_Bogu
Explorer
Explorer
We (the cal left wingers ) just voted a new big gas tax bill 20 cents a gallon more on gas and, diesel. Of corse Sacto lefties stole 30% for other things, off the top. Use this money on the roads like they told the taxpayers you must be out of your mind....

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
LOFAT36 wrote:

I bet you are a lot fun at a party.

MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

LOFAT36
Explorer
Explorer

slickest1
Explorer
Explorer
We were back and forth through Seattle last month and yes the road is rough but the traffic volume is just nuts. 7 hrs. from Everett to Salem.
Sacremento is another city I hate to pass through. I haven't been through there for 2 years but will this winter. I was wondering if it would be better so thanks all for the heads up.
1998 Holiday Rambler Imperial 40 ft.
Dennis and Marcie and Pup the Jack Russell

D_E_Bishop
Explorer
Explorer
We just drove S/B through the Sac area and it didn't seem bad, but we were in the DW's Explorer. In regards to I-5 N/B through and pass Seattle, OMG what a mess. They can and do regulate the speed limit for individual lanes using overhead mounted electronic signs. Speeds as low as 30 MPH N/O Seattle, although the HOV lane was 40 MPH. And don't start me on the drivers for that would get me kicked off the forums forever.
"I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake. The great affair is to go". R. L. Stevenson

David Bishop
2002 Winnebago Adventurer 32V
2009 GMC Canyon
Roadmaster 5000
BrakeBuddy Classic II

F-TROUP
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, I5 will be fine once Moon Beam completes the LOW SPEED RAIL......

Paul_Clancy
Explorer
Explorer
I5 in the Sacramento Stockton area has been bad for many years. By the time they finish it will need to be done again. Same for Seattle southbound near Boeing air museum...lost a sewer hose on one trailer and almost lost control of another due porpoising. Super bad for towing.

OFDPOS
Explorer
Explorer
I could so turn this into a political comment.
But I'll just be quiet and not comment ...

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
bikendan wrote:
If you think I5 is bad through Sacramento, just wait til you drive I5 through Seattle.

Actually they just paved a bunch of it just north of Tukwila NB I-5. Still HORRIBLE overall.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
LOFAT36 wrote:
Does anybody know if I-5 south through Sacramento has been repaved. It was a disaster last fall.
Going South I have given up traveling I-5 south of Sacramento and also the complete disaster of going over the Grapevine with people pulling in front of me constantly.

I prefer 99 South of Sacramento and take 58 to Tehapichi Pass at Bakersfield on my way South to Palm Springs, CA.

Just traveled I-5 South of Sacramento and there are MANY very ROUGH places still, really pathetic!!!
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD