cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Popular Snowbird Park hit in Umatilla RV's destroyed

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
This is a very popular Snowbird RV park in Florida. I watched the live video footage on the news a few minutes ago. RV's just blown apart.:(

""Officials also reported that numerous RV's were damaged at the Old Mill Stream Mobile Home Park.""
http://www.news965.com/news/umatilla-hit-hard-the-early-hours-hurricane-irma/GqRwjngsbi7djGhC4o3riN...

The good news is they are pretty sure all of the Snowbird RV'ers were safe and sound in a concrete building in the park.

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

5 REPLIES 5

Bill_Diana
Explorer
Explorer
Fortunately no one was injured at Olde Mill Stream RV Resort, Umatilla, Fl. As many have said, this is an extremely nice RV resort. The Managers, Wally & Linda, along with the staff have been working endless hours and I assure you they will have this RV resort looking great again.

jgrimes
Explorer
Explorer
I can't speak to any other damages in the area, but I am familiar with Drifter's RV Park on the south end of Rockport. They now have electrical power, the "boil" order has been ended and they are now open for business again. I stayed there for a couple months several years ago. Very nice park and I'd definitely stay there again if in the area.

jrclark
Explorer
Explorer
Very sorry to hear about the damage in Umatilla and at the RV park. We stayed at the RV park in the winter of 2012/2013 and enjoyed our stay. Very nice park and the community was friendly. I hope no one was injured of killed.
2003 Damon Ultrasport 3677

John_Joey
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like Irma must have spun off one of those tornado's you talked about.

Leesburg, Mt. Dora, and other areas I think have many more snowbirds/rv's/single wide's, but it appears the article doesn't mention any of those areas (and they are just down the road from Ol Mille.)

Destroyed is what happened to Pioneer on Port Aransas, TX. Hopefully they (and that area) are still getting the needed support now that they are not top of the news.
Thereโ€™s no fool, like an old fool.

DiskDoctr
Explorer
Explorer
Fixed your link: Fixed link