cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Goodby Flo

MrPhelps
Explorer
Explorer
I know many of you have lost a pet. Our Flo has traveled with us since we first got our camper. She was more than 18 years old and still doing her best, until she could not.

We were in Ormond Beach Florida on Labor day and she was her "old dog normal" self . That night things changed and she had to be put down on Sept 5. We knew the day was near. Having a pet that is almost like a child and losing them is a very hard thing. Rest In peace Flo dog.

- 2018 RAM 3500 Laramie DRW
- 2018 Host Cascade Dual Slide
18 REPLIES 18

bka0721
Explorer
Explorer
Phyllis, So sorry to learn of your loss of Flo.

A pet provides so many pleasures in life and with a loss of a pet can be devastating. A child provides happiness that is unfathomable. Parents and family provides the guidance and love that sustains all of us. Friends provides the comfort all of us want, without ever asking. The loss of any of this causes sadness that only time will heal. Time, please come quickly.

b
08 F550-4X4-CC-6.4L Dsl-206"WB GVWR17,950#
09 Lance 1191
1,560wSolar~10-6vGC2-1,160AmpH~Tri-Star-Two(2)60/MPPT~Xantrex 2000W
300wSolar~2-6vAGM-300AmpH~Tri-Star45/MPPT~Xantrex 1500W
16 BMW R1200GSW Adventure
16 KTM 500 EXC
06 Honda CRF450X
09 Haulmark Trlr

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about the loss of your wonderful furry companion. Have been through a similar experience more times than I care to count and each time I wonder how I could ever open myself up to such pain again. Then another furry companion sneaks into my heart. They do add a wonderful dimension to our human lives, don't they?
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer

slickrock_steve
Explorer
Explorer
I too understand.....My best buddy "Jake", was just 7 this year, and last month had a gran mal epileptic seizure. I was alone at home, and rushed to the emergency Vet as fast as I could once he came back. He was so confused about what just happened, and now that I think back, has done some funny stuff at times like lay on his back and thrust his feet straight up, while moaning.( may have been Petit Mal)
Yes, "Jake" is back home, and doing well, although he is on Phenobarbital, and that is a heavy drug!!!
His sister,"Jondy",whom we got the same day from the rescue as 10 week pups, seems fine, and does not understand why "Jake" is so attached to me, and so thirsty and hungry all the time. In fact she growled at him when he had following seizures the next day before the phenobarb took over.

Budster
Explorer
Explorer
So sorry for your loss. I recently had to put down my camping buddy Gidget, she was 14, and kept me in line for 12 years....
ymmv,
Jerry
2000 Lazy Daze 30' IB

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
cewillis wrote:
MrPhelps wrote:
Having a pet that is almost like a child and losing them is a very hard thing.

Very well said, and very true. Sorry

This is so true. So sorry about Flo.

cewillis
Explorer
Explorer
MrPhelps wrote:
Having a pet that is almost like a child and losing them is a very hard thing.

Very well said, and very true. Sorry
Cal

NRALIFR
Explorer
Explorer
It's always a sad day when a cherished pet dies. One of the downsides of having the longer lifespan. One of the saddest things I've ever done is help my wife bury the cat she had when we met. That cat lived to be almost 22 years old, and was very much HER cat. She was well cared for, and was a fixture in our home for many years. It was hard to do, but we humanely helped her across the bridge when it was her time.

:):)
2001 Lance 1121 on a 2016 F450 โ€˜Scuse me while I whinge.
And for all you Scooby-Doo and Yosemite Sam typesโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ..Letโ€™s Go Brandon!!!

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Tizi wrote:
Sorry for your loss, I dread the day my dogs pass on. They are my best friends, they love me regardless. Unconditional love, what's not to love?

I agree with your statement and to justify a little better, please review this simple little question:

Place your K-9 and your partner (wife, husband, or mate) in the trunk of your car and gently close the lid. Drive cautiously around town for an hour and stop, open the trunk. Between the K-9 and the partner, which one is HAPPY to see you?

Unconditional love, for sure.

Lakeside

lakeside013104
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss.

Pets are members of our families. Mine was my "working" partner. Her life depended on my actions and sometimes my life depended on her actions. We were a team. I miss her more than most could ever understand.

May time help heal your loss. May fond memories be vivid and long lasting.

Lakeside

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss, I dread the day my dogs pass on. They are my best friends, they love me regardless. Unconditional love, what's not to love?
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry you lost your campin' buddy; I'm sure Flo knew she was loved by her people. Good dogs never live long enough, but 18 years was a **** good run. We lost our golden last fall to cancer; she was only 8; I know exactly what you are dealing with.
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I'm so sorry. And yes, many of us can relate. I also believe in Rainbow Bridge. At least it makes me feel a little better when I have lost one of my own furkids...

Godspeed.....

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Kayteg1
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry for your loss. We lost several cats and German Shepard in the past, but really love our Jack Russel Terriers.
Bearing in mind loosing them at some time, we had a couple and then we kept the daughter from only breading.
This way when 1 dies (mother is 11 and showing joints problem) - we will still have 2 left to lower the sadness.