cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

TravelScooter

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Wondering if anyone has experience with this product?
travelscoot
How stable is it? How comfy is the seat after a while, ect. It does look like good engineering. Looks like it folds up right out of the way which is a big plus! Thoughts? Thanks, Gary
10 REPLIES 10

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Gary, good purchase but don't let the scooter cutout recommended exercise....don't let the "life changer" shorten the life.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
Congrats on your purchase! My folding scooter has changed my life, I wouldn't be without it for anything.
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Well, i pulled the plug yesterday and bought one. After a bit of assembly, it was all ready. This thing is very stable and comfortable. I do believe I'll be using it a lot! Thanks for you feedback.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, i've had a "portable" unit that weighed in at 65 lbs. Although it did come apart, it was clunky! I actually broke my sternum manhandling it! (long story).
Can anyone give me some feedback on how comfortable the seat is after a while? I t sounds like it is well built.
Yes, i'm thinking i can rent one for a week and get to know it better, which i'll probably do.

mama_sylvia
Explorer
Explorer
I don't own a TravelScoot but I investigated a number of folding scooters before buying a Triaxe Sport. All folding scooters are expensive, and you trade off comfort for portability. If she is willing to deal with taking apart a scooter rather than folding it, she may be able to get a somewhat lower price. (Watch out for those labelled "portable" or "travel" scooters - that may be a euphemism for those that must be taken apart rather than folded for travel, and even the pieces can be heavy. I saw one that proudly boasted its heaviest piece was "only" 96 lb!) A number of people on the cruise board I used to read use and love TravelScoots. I wasn't able to lift the scooter in and out of my car when I first got it last November, but after months of working out at the YMCA I now can and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the independence! Definitely try one before buying, they aren't perfect and take some getting used to. I cannot stand very long, so anything I would have to take apart is out for me, but it takes me less than 60 seconds to fold or unfold my scooter.
1988 Winnebago Superchief 27'

thestoloffs
Explorer
Explorer
Our issue with the TravelScoot is that, with its wide triangular stance, it required more upper body control than more traditional platform scooters.

Definitely give it a test drive before buying.

GaryKH
Explorer
Explorer
Good to know, Thanks.

avan
Explorer
Explorer
My full timing daughter has been extensively using the Travel Scoot for something like 5 yrs or so. She goes everywhere on it. Lithium battery seems to provide lots of power (it can really go fast) as well as staying power. It folds and unfolds very easily.

Late last summer she accidentally backed her motorhome over the rear of the scooter so when she visited me in FL, she ordered a new left rear axle/frame tube which the sent to her. I took the old apart and the new part fit just perfectly. I was impressed as I took the scoot apart with how well it was designed and fabricated. As to price - you get what you pay for and the Travel Scoot is not a toy. Based on the number of times I've personally heard people come up to her and ask her if she would sell it, I'm guessing it would hold value pretty well and be quite easy to sell.
www.putt10.net

rwj146
Explorer
Explorer
I've been looking for one to carry with me instead of the Golden Tech. giant the VA gave me, but the price of those seems very high to me. Just my opinion.
Courage is endurance for one moment moreโ€ฆ
Unknown Marine Second Lieutenant in Vietnam

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Is "motor in wheel" a solid system?
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad