Motorhome Magazine Open Roads Forum: NPS Senior Pass
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next
Sponsored By:
Colo Native

Colorado

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/17 06:31pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

The price will go up on AUGUST 28th to $80 its official

2015 F250 XLT PSD CC SB 4x4
2016 Primetime Crusader 315RST(SOLD)
08 Fleetwood Fiesta 34B(SOLD)
Retired DFD

naturist

Lynchburg, VA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/17 06:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Yeah, you are about the tenth person to post about that in the last few days. But thank you for keeping it on folks horizons.

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/17 07:32pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If you haven't got one yet, good luck finding one! Orders via internet are currently at about 3 weeks wait time, and many places that carry them are running out. Office order for more are not being refilled, so it looks like when the one available are gone, there will not be more at the $10 price.

Noel and Betty Johnson (and Harry)
2005 GulfStream Ultra Supreme, 1 wife, 1 dog(?)

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/17 07:38pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Having worked as volunteers at several places here the pass either was honored, sold, or both, we were amazed at how many people had no idea that such as thing ever existed. Mine was one of the first things I purchased when I turned old enough. Mine is one of the original "Golden Age Passports" which were replaced by the senior pass. It has been paid for many times over!! One night camping discount more than paid for it.

Lwiddis

:( la Reina de los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/17 07:54pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

"so it looks like when the one available are gone, there will not be more at the $10 price."

Come on John. Stop implying unethical conduct without any facts. See NPS at https://www.nps.gov/planyourvisit/upload/senior-pass-infographic-5100w.png

Any senior application received before Aug. 28....

2015 Winnebago 2101DS TT & Chevy Tahoe LTZ, 300 watts WindyNation solar - parallel & MPPT, Trojan T-125s. TALL flagpole for USC & historical flags. Prefer USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, USF&WS, state & county campgrounds. 14 year Army vet.

coolmom42

Middle Tennessee

View Profile

Posted: 07/12/17 08:10pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Well rats. I was hoping it would be the end of the year. I will be 62 in November. But it's still a bargain!

2006 Toyota Sienna
Single empty-nester in Middle TN

Johno02

Lexington, TN USA

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/12/17 08:39pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Finish the quote. "will be grandfathered in and are good for life." So, IF you can get one before Aug 28th, you are good. But if you don't get one by then, tough. I do know that several offices that sell then have run out, and have had them on order for several months. Didn't say anything at all about being unethical conduct. Just that when an office runs out, that's all. So, find an office that still has them, and get yours now! After that, or for those that are not eligible yet, even at $80 it is still a good deal, especially those near the parks that have a fee. But remember, there are a lot of National Parks that do not have fees (yet). For RVers or campers especially, the pass will save up to half of the campground fees.

PatrickA51

Lost Because I Followed My GPS

View Profile

Posted: 07/13/17 01:39am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Several years ago . I should say over tens years ago now, my wife and I went to Yosemite National Park. We were entering on the north gate on Tioga Pass, California State Route 120, anyway I had my Handicapped Placard laying on the dashboard of our P/U Truck. The Range gave me a form said to fill it out and put my CA. Handicapped Placard number and my CA. Drives License Number and sign it and she gave me a Inter-Agency Pass that was supposed to be good for life. I know it was $10.00, even if I have to buy another Senior Pass I will because $ 80.00 is a lot more reasonable than what it costs to belong to some of these camping clubs, Thousand trails, KOA, Passport America. Just my opinion. I guess maybe I should go and look at my Pass and make sure I still have it in the RV, i keep it with the registration card.
I love to boondocks and paying $5.00 a night is cheap at twice that price.

Lwiddis

:( la Reina de los Angeles

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/17 09:14am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Again, John, that's not what the Feds are saying-

See https://store.usgs.gov/pass

"All eligible Senior pass orders postmarked before August 27 will be processed at the $10 price. Lifetime Senior pass orders postmarked after August 27 will be processed at the $80 price. Additional processing fees of $10 apply."

Thom02099

Loveland,CO

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 07/13/17 11:18am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

After that, or for those that are not eligible yet, even at $80 it is still a good deal, especially those near the parks that have a fee. But remember, there are a lot of National Parks that do not have fees (yet). For RVers or campers especially, the pass will save up to half of the campground fees.

And...also applicable to National Forests, National Monuments, and Wilderness areas in addition to National Parks. Great to be able to get USFS CG sites for 1/2 price; 2 nights for the price of one. The $80 price increase will still be a bargain in the long run for folks who use the pass frequently. You'll make up the difference rather quickly.

2007 GMC Sierra SLE 3500HD Dually
2007 Keystone Outback 25RSS

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Topic  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 6  
Next

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Public Lands, Boondocking and ...

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2017 CWI, Inc. © 2017 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS