Good Sam Club Open Roads Forum: Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Open Roads Forum Already a member? Login here.   If not, Register Today!  |  Help

Newest  |  Active  |  Popular  |  RVing FAQ Forum Rules  |  Forum Posting Help and Support  |  Contact  

Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 545  
Prev  |  Next
fulltimin

Home is where we Park It.

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/19 07:08am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Bruce Brown wrote:

That's not called "STUIPD", that's called "over thinking it".

Carry on...

Believe me, when I discovered how easy this turned out to be to get the steel bent, my first thought was NOT --- I was overthinking this! LOL!

If you want to do something, you will find a way.
If you don't, you will find an excuse.

-------------------------------------------------

Good judgement comes from experience.
A lot of experience, comes from bad judgement.

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/19 07:12am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

ro_sie wrote:

fulltimin, dont forget. this is YOUR project. Your money, your time and most of all, your decision. Just like it is mine to decide if I want to read your posts or not. We all have that choice. I do admire your fortitude. I was a tad bored with the wheel wells, but hey, you do need them. [emoticon] You havent lost me yet. I continue to read, even at 6:30 til 7am . As Bruce said, " Carry on".

If you were a "tad" bored with the wheel wells, you did better than I did. I had a major boredom issue with them and so glad to be done with them!

I still have to cut the excess insulation on the passenger side today, and then screw the tops down, but at least there's a nice bright light at the end of the tunnel on that portion, and it's not an oncoming train. Lol.

Thanks for the post.

STBRetired

I-80 and I-55

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/19 10:21am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Glad to see that you found a local place that can bend your steel. Guess I can stop looking now. Sometime you can't see the forest because all those trees are in the way.

Hang in there and don't let the naysayers discourage you.

1999 Newmar MACA 3796 F53 6.8L
2016 Ford Edge Sport
Roadmaster Sterling A/T with Brake Buddy Select

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/19 11:31am Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

STBRetired wrote:

Glad to see that you found a local place that can bend your steel. Guess I can stop looking now. Sometime you can't see the forest because all those trees are in the way.

Hang in there and don't let the naysayers discourage you.

I do thank you for your assistance. Your post triggered a thought about calling my local steel guy. Don't know why I did not even consider that before.

After some consideration, I did feel that the steel would give me more strength overall than using plywood up there, and then everything just fell into place.

Totally my temporary tunnel vision.

Not discouraged. Just getting to the place that things are about to get exciting to see all the prep work about finished, and being able to start some of the finishing work.

It's a little like getting ready to paint something. After all the prep work is done, and that first coat goes on, it just makes a huge difference, even though it's not finished.

That's when the real fun starts, even though there is more work to do. Wahoo!

Bill.Satellite

Full-timer

View Profile

Good Sam RV Club Member

Posted: 09/12/19 04:46pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

I like every RV update. I get bored by your insistence of posting every aspect of your life. Yeah, yeah, it keeps you motivated by posting something.....Snore.
I really don't care about your daughter, your PT Cruiser, your new PT Cruiser re-build or whatever other ramblings you manage to put into this personal blog. It's just amazing that this forum allows someone to post a blog when it is intended to be a forum. Don't think this is a forum topic? Let's add up the posts made by you compared the minuscule number of responses. It's just you, posting about you, in a topic that has nothing to do with a tear down and rebuild of a Pace Arrow but more a tear down and complete redesign (crazy design at best) that no one will ever be able to use in the future. Just like the roof design nonsense. It might be important to you to redesign the RV from the ground to the roof but no one else is going to redesign the roof line to create a drip edge instead of a gutter. You know this stuff is crazy but it appears you reveal in the absurd and that should be the topic...."Taking a 1987 Pace Arrow and making something....heck, even I don't know!"

What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/19 09:28pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Here is the result of "sawing" off the excess cured spray foam on top of the passenger side wheel well.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/19 09:29pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

Today I screwed down the top of the wheel well box on the drivers side. I used the Kreg screws for this.

I drilled the holes with the Kreg drill bit, set to countersink the heads just enough that the screw head would not protrude above the plywood.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Of course, I could not forget the passenger side. Pilot holes drilled the same way, and fastened the same as well.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Twins, we've got twins! Lol. Ah, yes, they are things of beauty, or not, depending on your point of view.

[image]

fulltimin

View Profile

Posted: 09/12/19 09:30pm Link  |  Quote  |  Print  |  Notify Moderator

If I were writing a book, I would label this chapter, "Wheel Wells. How to make them with very little fun, and absolutely NO profit, while taking forever"! Lol.

Time to close this chapter and move on to the next. YAY!

Reply to Topic  |  Subscribe  |  Print Page  |  Post New Topic  | 
Page of 545  
Prev  |  Next

Open Roads Forum  >  Class A Motorhomes  >  Restoration & Vintage RVs

> Anyone interested in 83 Pace Arrow Tear down and Rebuild?
Search:   Advanced Search

Search only in Class A Motorhomes

Closed, new posts Closed, no new posts
Moved, new posts Moved, no new posts

Adjust text size:

© 2019 CWI, Inc. © 2019 Good Sam Enterprises, LLC. All Rights Reserved. | Terms of Use | PRIVACY POLICY | YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS