cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Norcold N611 five blinking error on fridge panel

bbcac
Explorer
Explorer
I have a Norcold N611 refrigerator in my RV. I just bought it and it has an issue. When I first turned on the fridge it cooled well for several days. For no obvious reason, it went into a lock out mode (5 blinks). If I turned it off and on, it works fine again. The freezer makes ice cubes even on low and the fridge keeps everything nice and cold. After a few days it quits working. Once this happens a few times, the fridge goes will not work at all until I do the reset procedure on it. I have to jumper pin 2 to ground and it resets. At this point it works fine again and the cycle continues. It behaves the same on AC or gas. It works for 1-7 days each time. I have replaced the power board and everything behaves exactly the same. Could it be the thermistor? I checked venting and it looks clear now but there was a bunch of leaves on the roof and vent that I had to remove. I took the vent cover off the roof and the path looks clear.
4 REPLIES 4

dc04756
Explorer
Explorer
Mine just started blinking after 8 years of use. I reset the board, replaced the thermistor since I had one on hand, checked to make sure every thing was clean. Fuses are good. Bulb is good and not working at the moment. Will check the input voltage next week when my wife gets and her friends get back from camping.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have seen this before . It's usually not the board in this case, especially if you have replaced it and its still doing it.
Thermistors usually fail because their resistance level is higher than it should be, causing the temperature in your refrigerator to overcool.

The input voltage to the board must be at least 10.5 v otherwise it will blink those codes.

I would test the air flow behind the unit and exterior wall.
Turn it on again, remove the access door (outside) and place a fan on a ladder for better air flow, low speed is fine for this test.
If it runs fine with no code for a few days, then it's probably a common enough installation issue from the manufacturer. The cooling unit is not getting proper air flow.
It happens often enough to make it annoying for people . The measurements for installation can be off and it won't properly cool. The dealer can check it and set it up with the proper dimensions for clearance.

lenr
Explorer II
Explorer II
True Story! My son had a Norcold (don't remember the model) that would quit cooling and start blinking. Turned out to be noisy DC from the WFCO converter. We diagnosed by turning the converter off and hooking up a battery charger to the trailer battery--fridge worked fine. After replacing the converter section with a Progressive Dynamics replacement unit, he never, ever, had trouble with the fridge again.

lawrosa
Explorer
Explorer
heres the service manual..

http://rvrefrigeratorrepair.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/08/Norcold-Service-N61x-N81x

Could be lots of things..

The underlying issue could be any of the following:
Poor ventilation
Off-level operation
Dirty burner
Bad thermistor
Low AC voltage
Cooling fan inoperative
Improper installation
Incorrect orifice
Bad cooling unit
Mike L ... N.J.

2006 Silverado ext cab long bed. 3:42 rear. LM7 5.3 motor. 300 hp 350 ft lbs torgue @ 4000 rpms
2018 coachmen Catalina sbx 261bh