cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

outdoor patio mat

campingman55
Explorer
Explorer
iam tired of buy a new patio mat every winter where i spend my winter the site is all rock and the rocks wear thru the mat and i was wondering if there is some thing i could put down first so the rocks dont wear thru
2005 vectra 40fd motor home and wife and our 2 pita malties and a mini poodle
7 REPLIES 7

Ivylog
Explorer III
Explorer III
X3 on sun shade material.
This post is my opinion (free advice). It is not intended to influence anyone's judgment nor do I advocate anyone do what I propose.
Sold 04 Dynasty to our son after 14 great years.
Upgraded with a 08 HR Navigator 45โ€™...

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
I also bought the same material for a sun screen off the end of my awning. Keeps the heat out from the sun yet lets the light and breeze come thru and looks real nice. And again folds up flat for storage.

I use two hand held clamps and attach to each side of rail under the valance of the awning. For quick removal in case of a storm.

Pretty much the same material they use and label as "RV" awning sun shades that they charge sometimes over $200 for!! Cost at Lowes....$20 or $30 bucks. :C

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

Stormy_Eyes
Explorer
Explorer
rockhillmanor wrote:
Sun shade screen material from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Sold by the length. Find it back in the garden center.

Water goes thru it, it doesn't wear out, AND you don't do the slip and slide all over like you do on those dang RV mats.

I bought enough to cover the full length of my MH. Add camping stakes to the four corners and it stays where you put it. I actually added four rubber grommets to the four corners for the stake to go thru.

It washes off easily and when hung up to dry it dries in minutes so you aren't putting a stinky heavy mat in your storage bay.

Weighs practically nothing, comes in very nice colors to choose from, Doesn't kill the grass underneath it that then turns into mud.

AND

It folds up FLAT int a 12 inch or so square for storage.

The best thing I have bought for my MH. It is going on 10 years the SAME mat and it looks like the day I bought it! ๐Ÿ™‚

What an interesting idea. I have not been using a mat because I did not want a damp, sandy, or bulky mat in storage when moving to a new site. But something lightweight and fast drying appeals to me. I'll take a look at it next time I am in a home improvement store.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
ROCKHILLMANOR, please pm me as I have some questions about your use of sunshade material.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

rockhillmanor
Explorer
Explorer
Sun shade screen material from Lowes, Home Depot, etc. Sold by the length. Find it back in the garden center.

Water goes thru it, it doesn't wear out, AND you don't do the slip and slide all over like you do on those dang RV mats.

I bought enough to cover the full length of my MH. Add camping stakes to the four corners and it stays where you put it. I actually added four rubber grommets to the four corners for the stake to go thru.

It washes off easily and when hung up to dry it dries in minutes so you aren't putting a stinky heavy mat in your storage bay.

Weighs practically nothing, comes in very nice colors to choose from, Doesn't kill the grass underneath it that then turns into mud.

AND

It folds up FLAT int a 12 inch or so square for storage.

The best thing I have bought for my MH. It is going on 10 years the SAME mat and it looks like the day I bought it! ๐Ÿ™‚

We must be willing to get rid of the life we've planned,
so as to have the life that is waiting for us.

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
carpet square under the mat. Durable.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

rav
Explorer
Explorer
could you put down outdoor carpet?