Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

heater vent in outdoor kitchen

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Hi all
I have a new trailer. I took it out for a week on spring break. I found something I think is a little strange. It has a heater vent in the outdoor kitchen. What is the purpose. I am thinking maybe to keep the outdoor kitchen sink from freezing. I don't think one little vent would do a very good job.. I am thinking about covering up that vent so more heat could be put to better use.
What do y'all think?
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch
3 REPLIES 3

bob2194
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replies.
Thats what I was thinking as well. I will more than likely make a cover for it. When I winterize I do run the pink stuff through the faucet and trap.
20 year U.S Army veteran and still serving. Vehicle inspector (ARMY)
2018 Radiance 28QB pulled by 2018 F250 STX 6.2 Gasser
Equal-i-zer Hitch

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
probably there to keep your sink trap and water lines from freezing when closed up and not in use , you will still have water in the lines and the trap for the sink, when in use the water is moving through the lines and wont freeze.
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
Probably only meant to be heated when the area is closed up and not in use. I wouldn't block it off permanently. I'd cover it or cut a disc the size of the vent that you could slip inside the vent under the outlet vent when the outside kitchen is open. That will keep heat from being blown outside unnecessarily and keep bugs and mece from getting into the ventilation when the heater is not being used.