cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Heartland/Lippert Trailer Frame Crease

bjarnold
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2017 Heartland trailer with a Lippert frame. On the tounge of the trailer I noticed a crease/dent on the tubular frame. It's about 1/2" tall and I do not see any cracks or other signs of stress. Is this something I should get checked out or is it just cosmetic?. It is right above the breakaway switch
12 REPLIES 12

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Frame needs to be inspected by Heartland and repaired. Rig has been jack knifed!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
at first I saw the two dimples and thought "no big deal". but then I saw the dent on the bottom corner under the sticker. To me that would be a concern as it seems to have affected the corner. I would at least have a welding shop if not the dealer look at it.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup

bpounds
Nomad
Nomad
That looks like someone backed up too tight and jackknifed the trailer into either the rear of the truck or the WD hitch.

I don't think it is a big deal. I would check with a straight edge to make sure the entire frame tube isn't bent, which would affect wheel alignment. But it is very unlikely that a little dent like that has really hurt anything. You don't need a fancy straight edge, just a stick of wood or even a yard stick.
2006 F250 Diesel
2011 Keystone Cougar 278RKSWE Fiver

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
Here is your picture. You had an extra img statement in front of and after the URL. Just paste the URL you get from the app directly into your post without making ANY changes. Don't add anything and don't delete anything.

All I did to make your picture show up is click on the "quote" button and then deleted the two extra img statements.

I would get that frame checked out. Looks like it has been hit with something and is in an area of great stress when the WD bars are tensioned up.
Barney

bjarnold wrote:
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bjarnold
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
It is very easy to post pictures on our forums. One of our moderators, 1492, developed this photo posting app to post your pictures. It works for other internet sites also. There is no need to have a separate hosting site for your pictures in order to use it. It is also much easier to use than Photobucket used to be.

It is very simple to use.
1. Upload your picture from your computer to the app.
2. Copy the resulting URL.
3. Paste that URL into your post without ANY changes. No additions or deletions.

Your picture will then appear in your post and be properly sized for use on our forums.:) See this thread for more information. So simple even a caveman could do it! :B
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

bjarnold
Explorer
Explorer
[img][/img]

Y-Guy
bjarnold wrote:
How do I post photos?

Here you go. Just drag-n-drop a photo, and copy-n-paste the image link in your message post. Uploads photos directly to IMGUR.com servers. Automatically resizes photos to the max recommended by the Forum. Includes a thumbnail preview, and also provides an optional link to permanently delete the photo. The WebApp is available here.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
Considering Lippert's 'stellar' reputation, I'd get it checked out pronto.
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

bjarnold
Explorer
Explorer
How do I post photos?

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Frame could be made that way if it is length-wise. Putting creases can strengthen metal structures allowing for thinner material to be used.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Jim_n_Steph
Explorer
Explorer
Picture would help, but I would get it checked out
2003 Silverado 1500HD Vortec 6.0 4.10 2012 Flagstaff 831FKBSS