cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Optimum RV, Ocala, Florida

Campin10
Explorer
Explorer
I recently went full time Rving, May 8th. My wife and I have been camping for over 42 years in about every type camper. We purchased a 2006 Itaska Motorhome this time and had the worst experience ever, It ended up costing us several thousand dollars extra to get things fixed that they promised would be taken care of. After two months of their failure to fix everything I took the motorhome from them to fix elsewhere. I won't go into any great details unless someone is reallyinterested but I wanted to let members here know where I purchased it so they can be aware of this dealer. It's about the only thing we, as customers can do. They, at Optimum RV in Ocala, Florida contacted me two weeks ago to take a survey of my experience there. I went over all the deals with them and a few days later the owner of Optimum RV called me and said he was concerned that I was upset with them. I again went over the details of everything but regardless of their apologies the bottom line is, they can't be to concern or they would have made some kind of adjustment for my outrageous expenses.

My wife and I are enjoying our motorhome and trying to forget this bad experience. I hope people will post their experiences for others to see, both good but especially the bad dealers they run into. That's the only recourse we have as customers because they truly don't care anything about being fair or living up to their agreement. They said everything would be fixed before we left there. They didn't!!
2 REPLIES 2

MBF
Explorer
Explorer

10 years later Optimum RV Ocala is doing the exact same thing.

They will promise promise promise to get you to sign, and after you do the next day, nobody will give you the time of day. The salesman will tell you heโ€™s sorry, but thereโ€™s nothing he can do and they pass you off to serve who will pass you off to management who will pass you back to Service and so on and so.

NJRVer
Explorer
Explorer
Hang in there.
Hopefully the issues will get worked through and you can get on with RV'ing and put this behind you.

For what it's worth, I ordered a brand new truck back in '84. It took 6 weeks to get and it died on the way home from the dealer. They sent a tow truck to pick it up off the side of the road. That truck ended up going for over 370,000 miles.

So hopefully your issues get worked out early in its life and it gives many miles of enjoyment.