cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Who’s planning

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad

Who’s planning trips for next year already ? And where are you heading? I’m planning 5 trips ( +/- )  . Where is still up for discussion.  I’m thinking a least 2 trips to the Smoky Mountain area.  Probably start in May and try to go every 6-8 weeks, rapping up around Thanksgiving.  We’ve been trying to go to Austin Tx for Christmas for the last 3 years, and for one reason or another We haven’t made it yet.  So let’s hear from the rest of Y’all.

12 REPLIES 12

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III

The only trip planned so far is Yellowstone with DW sister and her husband, who both just retired.  Neither have ever been there.  It won't be RVing, staying in a condo. 

A trip to central Oregon is in the talking stage, no dates yet.  I want to extend that to some boondocking to/from and explore some areas I have not yet visited.  Will probably go back to a membership park we frequent in the Sierras at some point.

Last year was a big 5 week multistate tour.  This year is letting the coffers refill.  

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Cybergrunt
Nomad
Nomad

Heading to Branson in 12 days for a week. Planning for a mid-summer trip to Laurel, MS and Gulf Shores, AL. Was strongly considering a trip to the Black Hills, but dexides to wait due to major road construction kicking off there this spring.

2021 Forest River Wildwood Heritage Glen 24RLHL: 810-825# TW, ~7500# GVW
2020 F-250 XLT Super Duty SRW: 7.3 V8 gasser, 3.55, 10spd

Bricklayer73
Explorer
Explorer

Going to Alaska late April early May going to be in Soldotna for 20 plus weeks. Looking forward to the trip never been there before. Any insight on the trip from people who have done it before. Thanks 

Dave_in_TN
Nomad
Nomad

We just re-entered RV ownership, so trip planning is in full swing.  We had sold our last rv in 2019 so after a 5 year hiatus I am enjoying this part of the process again.  2024 will be mostly short trips of several hours in either direction, but planning more for 2025, and hopefully will be retiring in 3 years or so then we want to travel extensively, God willing. 

Dave & Christy / 5 Awesome Girls (28,26,24, 18 and 16)
2021 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS
2019 Ford F-350 SRW 6.7

rvroadtrip
Explorer
Explorer

I'm heading out March 3rd going from Alabama to out West.  Will be gone about 3 months, Lord willing. I'll be documenting it on TikTok.  I plan to visit 18 states and 20 more National Parks.

Just add .us to my username to find me on the web.

Diamond_c
Nomad
Nomad

Well, because of some medical issues we have had to cancel all but 2 of our trips. I’ve had to use all my vacation days and sick days already. If approved I can still take time off without pay, but it’ll be probably fall before we can afford it. We did take a little short trip last weekend, but unless I get real busy this summer that will be all till then 

JDsdogs
Nomad
Nomad

Smokey mountains are great, enjoy. 
We were there in 2017. As I remember, the roads were curvy in some areas . Don’t plan on too many miles in a day, unless you plan on putting in some pretty long days. 
Safe travels 

SL592
Explorer
Explorer

Planning on a trip through Michigan, Mackinaw Island area, UP, then back down to Ohio.

:C

Scott & Cindy

:R

Molly & Bitsy (Our fuzzy kids)

2011 GMC 3500HD 4x4 Duramax/Allison CC/LB/DRW
2003 Cameo LXI F35KS3 5er

Good Sam Life Member

DandK-57s
Explorer
Explorer

We are planning a 5 or 6 week trip from South Dakota to California and back making a big loop

JDsdogs
Nomad
Nomad

Where are you starting out from (in general), what distance/time do you want to travel? 

NE South Dakota, visiting friends in Nebraska then heading west. Leaving early May. Travel about 300 miles a day

Because of some medical issues , I’ve had to rethink our plans. My wife has had to use some of her vacation days to be taking me back and forth to Dr visit’s and I’ve spent several days in the hospital.  I hope we can get on the road in June, and we will probably stay within 3 1/2 hrs from the house. We are probably going to revisit some of our favorite places from our past travels in the last few years.