cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Travel to see Redwood Trees in California

WillCTraveler23
Community Manager
Community Manager

On my personal bucket list is to see giant redwood trees in California over the next couple years. I need some recommendations of where and when to go?

• Yosemite Redwood's vs. Sequoia National Park - anyone have recommendations or pictures to share?
  • What is the best time of year to visit these parks?
  • Anyone have ideal travel methods? I am thinking of renting a RV or maybe renting a car and staying in a hotel.
5 REPLIES 5

dave54
Explorer III
Explorer III

Not sure what you are asking?

The Giant Sequoias of Sequoia/Kings Canyon are the largest trees by volume.  The Coast Redwoods are the tallest.  Two different species of trees, although they are related.  

=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

trevoralexis
Explorer
Explorer

We went in August with our travel trailer and stayed at the Klamath Kamper Korral.  Not fancy but lots more room than other rv parks.  Easy to get to the redwoods in our truck. Not a lot of shopping in close proximity to the rv park so go prepared with groceries on board.

Idaho23
Explorer II
Explorer II

Hello, we just drove the Ave of the Giants, we did this in our Class C Motorhome, we have also visited the trees of Mystery near Crescent City Calif. We would recommend seeing both. Enjoy.

testingcircus
Explorer
Explorer

When I went through I did it by car and camped in early April. The weather was perfect for camping and sightseeing and it wasn't too busy.

I stayed at Panther Flat Campground which was a beautiful location but looks to be temporarily closed per Google.

Crochooked
Explorer
Explorer

On our trip through California we went to Sequoia/Kings Canyon, Yosemite, and Muir Woods. I think they were all great. We went in July, hot, crowded, and low flow in the waterfalls. I think spring would be a great time to see falls. And fall would be great for foliage and hiking.

I flew out to San Diego for a conference, then we took a train up the coast, then rented a car for the rest of the trip. We own a small motorhome, and if we had been closer we definitely would have done the trip by rv.