cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Toy Haulers with lowest ground clearance

Gamorris
Explorer
Explorer
As a wheelchair user I am interested in finding Toy Haulers with a lower ground clearance so that the ramp is not so steep. Where can I find this type of spec?
7 REPLIES 7

valhalla360
Nomad III
Nomad III

https://yettioutdoors.com/products/traxx-edition/

What about an ice fishing rig? They are set up to drop the floor to the ground. The link above shows a toy hauler version.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Have to find one built on a low pro cargo trailer style trailer. Like work n play or ?

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Nvm. Sorry, I replied to an old dead thread from a 1 and doneโ€ฆ.my bad. 

2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Y-Guy
I ran a search in the archives, for the keyword, "wheelchair" these resultsmight help you.

Two Wire Fox Terriers; Sarge & Sully

2007 Winnebago Sightseer 35J

2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon

Mmaxed
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Work and Play and trailers made by horse trailer manufactures are much lower to the ground than traditional haulers. The downside is that the living quarters are more spartan. The bed is more like a truck camper.

Cptnvideo
Nomad
Nomad
If I read your post correctly, you want to be able to go up the ramp with your wheelchair.
One possible alternative would be to have a pair of cable extensions made so the ramp goes about halfway between level and contacting the ground. Then add a pair of ATV ramps (like for loading an ATV into a pickup bed) to the end of the toy hauler ramp. This would make the slope very gentle but LONG. This could be a problem in RV parks where you would be backed up to a wall or another RV.
Bill & Linda, 2019 Ram Laramie 3500 dually 4x4 diesel, Hensley BD5 hitch, 2022 Grand Design Solitude 378MBS, 1600 watts solar, Victron 150/100 MPPT controller, GoPower 3kw inverter/charger, 5 SOK 206AH LFP batteries for 1030 ah

dedmiston
That's going to be a tough one to figure out.

Ours has very low ground clearance because of the way the plumbing hangs and the low height of our 6-point levelers. But the floor itself is very high. It's four steps up to the door and the ramp is pretty steep unless the ground is un-level.

I don't know of a good way to check this in the specs, but I know that our current ramp is shorter than our old Weekend Warrior ramp, so it's much steeper.

A full beaver-tail and longer ramp will help a lot with this. That's what I'd look for in the product photos.

I hope this is helpful. Good luck shopping.

2014 RAM 3500 Diesel 4x4 Dually long bed. B&W RVK3600 hitch โ€ข 2015 Crossroads Elevation Homestead Toy Hauler ("The Taj Mahauler") โ€ข <\br >Toys:

• 18 Can Am Maverick x3
  • 05 Yamaha WR450
  • 07 Honda CRF250X
  • 05 Honda CRF230
  • 06 Honda CRF230