cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford E-350 - How to Get More Legroom ?

oregon2
Explorer
Explorer
Have a new Nexus Phantom 23P on Ford E-350 chassis. Would like to find a way to be able to move the seats further back. Driver seat is power and passenger seat is manual. Does someone make a longer seat track or ?? Like to hear if anyone has played around with this.

thanks
Looking ๐Ÿ™‚
6 REPLIES 6

Rolin
Explorer
Explorer
The seat in our E450 was too low and would not move back far enough.

2each - two inch square tubes, drilled holes on both sides.
- Side one, required additional hole to accommodate a bump in the base.
- Attached side one to the existing base.
- Side two holes were drilled back 1 inch and attached to the bottom of the seat.
- Painted the tube black so it is not noticeable.

Result: Seat 2 inches higher and 1 inch further back.

Makes it much easier to move back and forth between cab and coach and provides more leg room. Might drill second set of holes 2 inches back in the future, but this set up is ok for now.

Tothill
Explorer
Explorer
Dinette is right behind the driver's seat in Mobi. It cannot move any further back.

Passenger seat has lots of room to move back.

TyroneandGladys
Explorer
Explorer
If you have clearance behind the seat it is easy to do. Remove the seat from the floor take a piece of 3/8" steel plate drill holes in it to match the holes in the floor drill the holes that will move your seat back mount your seat to the plate and then bolt plate to the floor. Alterative is to have two plates with a spacer welded between the two to raise the seat as well as moving it back. You can paint or carpet the plates. Have used this method for years to move the seats back in my vehicles with no problems. In our RV could not move the driver seat back because of clearance but did raise the seat four inches and that made a huge improvement on comfort. The only downside from raising it that much is that when I drive I am looking thru the blue tinting at the top of the windshield but we do not drive the RV at night very much so no biggie.
Tyrone & Gladys
27' 1986 Coachmen

pauldub
Explorer
Explorer
Adding a spacer between the seat and seat base will effectively give you more leg room. I had a 1-1/2" spacer under my driver seat for several years with no ill effect.

mm047
Explorer
Explorer
Ford products often have a set of holes available in the seat teack or in the seat that will let you get 1 more inch of leg room just by moving a couple of bolts. I did it in my Mustanf and in my F150, but don't know for sure about the E series.
Mike M.

2016 Jeep Grand Cherokee V6
2016 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Equal-I-Zer

Oldme
Explorer
Explorer
I have a C on E450 and found that the seat track was not the problem.
Interference with a raised floor and items the builder installed was.
You may want to see what it hits. If you ten have room you may be able to remount the existing track.