cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E350 Caster Ford TSB

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Awhile ago someone on Harvards thread posted a link to a Ford TSB for the caster adjustment on the motorhomes up to 5+ degrees of Caster. Does anyone still have a link to it? My alignment shop is telling me that 2.9 and 3.3 is perfect and won’t go more.
9 REPLIES 9

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
2 days?
:E

Holy _____! Wouldn’t want that alignment bill.

:B. $260. Just the alignment. Flat rate.

Had some other front end stuff repaired too. Potholes do a number on me.

Had to reset my Roadmaster steering control too. Last time doing this was 5 yrs ago, its not so bad, especially traveling these roads. Beats owning/fixing the boat.

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
"Where can I find Ford technical service bulletins (TSB's)?

How to Find Free TSB's. To find a TSB, go to NTHSA's Safety Issues & Recalls page. Type in either your vehicle's unique 17-character vehicle identification number or its year, make, and model. Feb 4, 2020"

In many cases, NTHSA will give you the TSB number/title, BUT, not the TSB content itself. With the TSB number, any Ford dealer can look up the TSB for content, but unless they know you (read: like you) they won't do it for free or at all. Alldata is the same way. Do you know anyone (repair shop) with an Alldata subscription?

Chum lee

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
2 days?
:E

Holy _____! Wouldn’t want that alignment bill.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Grit dog wrote:
Find a new alignment shop?

:). Good point.

I think a truck ‘digital alignment rack’ is needed. That requires some hunting. It’s not as easy to find as we would think in some cities.

I’m not sure if the old fashioned analog truck alignment mechanics can zero in on a real positive caster number doing it the old analog way. My old timer mechanic did add the spacer kit to give me positive caster but I think he did it by making adjustments and road testing it. My guy does it over and over until he gets it to drive nice. It takes him 2 days and l’m happy . It drives nice in 30 mph crosswinds but he smiled and shrugged when i asked him if the caster was set to 5.3 and 5.5 . :B

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
I’m going to do that too. But was looking for the TSB so I can put it in thier hands to verify

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Find a new alignment shop?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

NCMODELA
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. I have looked and searched and looked but can’t seem to find it. That’s why I asked here as a last resort

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use your search bar not an rvnet search.

‘Harvard, Ford E350 positive caster’