cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pioneer RV Resort, Padre Island, Corpus Christi, TX

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
In my search for a beach front spot to winter next January thru March, came across this RV resort just north of Mustang island. From the website, it looks really nice and is just steps from the beach.
Has anyone been there? Recommendations?
2010 Suncruiser
5 REPLIES 5

IB853347201
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks to everyone for their replies. Special mention to Al for sharing his website review and pictures.
Based on this and aside from the rusting potential, I think we will give it a shot for a few winter months next year.
2010 Suncruiser

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
1995brave wrote:
We drive by it all the time when we are down to the coast but, have never stayed there. It was damaged by Harvey but, has been fully repaired. It is not on the beach but, it is close. There is a path over the sand dunes you have to take to get to the beach. Pull it up on google maps to see the layout.

Just stayed there for 2 weeks for the first time - can not beat it and has the best weekly rate (do not know about monthly rate) in the area )
Can not get closer to the beach in the area - lots of golf carts and the boardwalk over the dunes can accommodate them - cars can drive on the beach there - Tons snowbird activities in the park - very active calendar-
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

almcc
Explorer
Explorer
We stayed there for a week or so back in 2010, it's upscale compared to the other RV parks in the area, we enjoyed our short stay. There are some pictures on our website, go down the page a bit. There are also some pictures and descriptions of other parks in the area.

Not sure the condition of the park presently

LINK

alfredmay
Explorer
Explorer
I have stayed there, but many years ago. Very nice RV Park. What I did not like was that you could watch your RV rust away from the salt air in the early morning fog.
Alfred May
2005 Excursion V10 4.30 4x4
2002 Cedar Creek 30RBS TT by Forest River
Reese Dual Cam
Tekonsha Prodigy

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
We drive by it all the time when we are down to the coast but, have never stayed there. It was damaged by Harvey but, has been fully repaired. It is not on the beach but, it is close. There is a path over the sand dunes you have to take to get to the beach. Pull it up on google maps to see the layout.