cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Got small kids in RV?

td1837
Explorer II
Explorer II

Just completed winter trip to San Diego and Sedona Az and have some comments about Rv parks and kids. Why are there so many families now in Rv parks with little screaming kids running around? Dont parent know to teach kids to use their "indoor" voice outside? Rv parks are place of relaxation and quiet! Not day care centers! I see little girls screeching, screaming all over and have to tell them to stop all the time! If my dog was barking, Im sure security would be all over me. If you have little kids, get an apt as Rv parks are NOT conducive to raising kids as they are full of ex cons, perverts, kidnappers, and low life folks....just saying. 

16 REPLIES 16

Gooma
Explorer
Explorer

What a grouch! Might I suggest an over 50 RV Resort. Or, close your windows and turn on the air conditioner. Maybe watch  Whoopy, she doesn't like anything either.

Happy kids playing outside is on of the best sounds of summer. Often missing these days.

Krusty
Nomad
Nomad

I like the sound of kids having a good time. That is exactly why we do things like camping. To enjoy ourselves. I don't however like the sound of a kid having a meltdown. That's one of the reasons I don't go to Walmart.

Krusty
92 F-250 4x4 460 5spd 4.10LS Prodigy
97 Rustler RT190
EU2000i
Garmin

I have several reasons NOT to go to WalMart. In a GOOD YEAR, I only go once!

Ridgeway, SC
2019 26DBH Grey Wolf

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

As you can all see. This problem falls under the category of: "Dammed if you do. Dammed if you don't. " if you bring p the subject is the offender. A no win situation for any answer here. ☹️

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

naturist
Nomad
Nomad

As a former campground host in a forest service campground built by the CCC, I would suggest that the best time to camp if you are seeking quiet would be mid-week, when the folks with small kids are all at work and the campgrounds are mostly deserted. And if you want real peace and quiet, boon docking is your ticket. If there's nobody around, their kids won't be there either.

For what it's worth, the only time I had trouble with screaming kids in the 5 years I did the hosting thing, a couple with 3 kids were completely unable to control the little hellions at 11 PM. Multiple requests to keep it down went unheeded until I had to threaten them with eviction from the park. "But we'd be just as noisy packing up . . . ." No, you don't get it; if I have to evict you, it means leave your stuff and get out, you can return to pick it up in the morning, and I'll get law enforcement to help you leave if it comes to that.

Ah, but I digress. During the day, in a busy/crowded and popular recreation area, kids noises will abound. See above for the only way I know of to avoid that.

td1837
Explorer II
Explorer II

Guess you folks who comment thats its ok for kids to scream, screech, and yell all day long in crowded parks havent a clue about respect of others. Like I said, if my dog was barking all day, im sure folks would be upset! Take the kids to a park to yell, not a campground!

Find another hobby or go boondocking if you want wuiet

You do realize a synonym for campground is an rv PARK, so they are doing exactly what you suggest. I'm begining to think, camping isn't your cup-o-tea because kids have been being kids since campgrounds first opened. 

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

Why would everyone else have to go somewhere else to accommodate you? It's your perspective that's the problem. Most of us seem to be happy letting kids be kids. And comparing dog's behavior to kid's is weird.  I hope you find your peace you obviously need. Let it go man, be in the moment. Kid's behavior isn't malicious. Everyone is just trying to have their version of a good time. Obviously kids aren't your idea of peace and happiness. I suggest again, to go where you find it. You are responsible for your happiness, no one else is. 

2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

Find your quiet place or boondock

lol I assumed this was a joke at first...that or this guy is one of the most miserable people you could come across...either way hopefully I never find myself camping close by.  

Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III

its probably for the same reason there are more old grumpy people in the parks.  camping isn't for youer relaxation , yes some people are relaxed by being in nature but it is recreation..  let the kids run around and make noise and have fun, there is plenty worse they could be upto..  also if you are staying in parks that are as you put it " full of ex cons, perverts, kidnappers aand low life", which one are you?  and if none why are you staying there?   

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad

I myself am glad to see kids out playing and having fun. They could be inside glued to the phone or video games. I been to parks where the "adults" are making more noise than the kids. 

Get the recliner out grab a beverage and enjoy life. Be grateful for all you have that others do not.

Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II

I'm confused. Why would they teach them to use their "inside voice" when they are outside?

If you are staying at one of the old folks parks (55+), then you have a point but at general purpose rv parks, it's expected that there will be kids...and they "will be kids". This is nothing new. Camping has always been an option for families with kids.

Either stay at the old folks parks or chose your times and destinations for when kids will be in school.

Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV