cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

George and Ms. Tioga

ThreeToGo
Explorer
Explorer
Does anybody know what became of George and Ms. Tioga? Our beloved George was always a mainstay of Mexican travelers and his blog was followed by hundreds - even many who never ventured south of the border. George's last entry in the fall of 2013 was posted from Southern California.
10 REPLIES 10

Matsapha
Explorer
Explorer
  • He ended up living in LaMesa, suburb of San Diego.  Then . . . he had bought something like a travel trailer, teardrop, or something like that.  Then . . . I haven't read anything by him or about him since then.  Anybody know something to bring it up to date?
  •  

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Bummer, George is a great guy and a legend.

Boise_John
Explorer
Explorer
George is in Cal. Bakersfield He had a heart attack & totaled Miss Tioga. He was not hurt had bypass surgery and is recuperating in a hotel there due to the fact
that his doctors are there. He will be there for the month of April.

Rangerider
Explorer
Explorer
George had an accident and open heart surgery. Snowmans link (above)still works.
Me & the Wife
2012 Thor Hurricane 32A
Future Toad: 2008 Honda CR-V

SkiingSixPack
Explorer
Explorer
So sad what happened to Panchito and Don Pancho!!! I feel so bad that George had to see that... I loved to read Tioga George's blog every day. My kids were always asking me about George's travels and what he was up to ... I have emailed him a few times and continue to pray for him. He is such a kind and nice man.
My better half
DS-18,DD-17,DS-15,DS-15 (4 teenagers, in da house)
Summit Red Sunshine-4
Brandy Red Sunshine-At the bridge

The greatest thing you ever can do now,
Is trade a smile with someone who's blue now,
It's very easy just...

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
I last saw him at hacienda Contreras last April. I can't imagine him not going to Mexico anymore, he loves it down here.

TexasShadow
Explorer
Explorer
yes, George is still doing some traveling and camping, but doesn't do his daily blog anymore. He seems to be fine, but getting older, like a lot of us.
TexasShadow
Holiday Rambler Endeavor LE/ 3126B Cat
Sometimes BMW K75 on Rear Carrier
Jeep Grand Cherokee or 2016 Ford XLT 4x4 super cab with 8 ft bed
M&G aux brake system
854 Watts of Solar Power

Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

mockturtle
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you, snowman, for stopping rumors and speculations before they flourish. ๐Ÿ™‚
2015 Tiger Bengal TX 4X4
Chevy 3500HD, 6L V8

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
His blog is here

I think he is done with Mexico. Two locals he knew were murdered at their shop. You can read his last few entries and get the drift of it.

I saw he posted a Merry Christmas greeting. I read the comments, and towards the end he acknowledged that he was at Quartzsite with friends as of last week.
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

dieharder
Explorer
Explorer
There was a thread here a while back where it indicated that he more or less left the blogging world, or something to that effect. Some seemed to think he had some kind of mental breakdown.
1999 Itasca Sunrise