cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Introduce Yourself!

TeamGoodSam
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, and welcome to the Good Sam Community — we’re excited you’re here! Take this chance to say hello and tell us a bit about yourself.

Whether this is your first time here or if you’ve already jumped into the conversations, kick today off with a quick, friendly hello. It’s always great to run into familiar faces further down the road.

So what’s the inside scoop? Your RV of choice. Where you like to travel. Where you call home. Need an icebreaker? Tell us where you would go if you could RV anywhere in the world. And finally, be sure to welcome others as they join!

-Team Good Sam
Good to go since 1966
274 REPLIES 274

dj4117ssj0754
Visitor
Visitor

Hello everyone!

my name is Stephen and have just purchased a Class B 2022 Mercedes Sprinter 3500 Airstream Atlas to take to my racing events & travel/vacations to the southwest areas of the United States 🇺🇸 

I am a single guy that loves to travel with my (2) Dalmatian dogs 🐶 🐶 and meet new people with discovering new and exciting places throughout the States. 

I am also looking forward to reading posts on this site and also throwing out questions from time to time to the group for assistance as I don’t fully know everything about this rig yet. 

Stay safe out there and enjoy the beautiful scenery that traveling has to offer! 

LAJohn1
Visitor II
Visitor II

Afternoon everybody, I am not new to RVing, just new to GS, have owned and camped in Cabover truck campers, bumper pulls, pop-ups, 2 fifth wheels and a 41’ gooseneck horse trailer w/full living quarters, now we are on our first motor coach, 36’ Itasca Sunova. This weekend will be both a maiden voyage for GS, and for the coach. Going to Rocky Point on Wright Pathan.

StarlightCamper
Explorer
Explorer

New to RVing, but have been thinking about it for a while. Had the opportunity to basically live out of my SUV for over a year.  Was staying in hotels for a very short time and decided I preferred my SUV instead. I came to discover that I enjoyed the freedom and flexibility. I was always close to home , but I actually enjoyed being on the road.  It wasnt really a trip but I guess a test drive of what life is like on the road while being close to home.  I was forced to live in my SUV due to circumstances outside my control, but luckily I know how to adapt to situations pretty well.  I guess I am a survivor of sorts. So I've been watching tons of YouTube videos on everything related to camping glamping while nursing a pretty bad leg injury due to autoimmune issues and a recent fall.  I have come up with some pretty good information that should help.  I have waty over year plus on the road so that gives me the confidence that I need to even give this a try.  Thoughts?

We too are novices to the Rv world and Good Sam’s. I tell my wife we have so much to learn that is like learning a second language. Good luck on you travels. 

pattiartfun1
Explorer
Explorer

Hi Patti here.  Fairly new to RV traveling.  It hard getting reservations.  Seems like everything is booked.  Any suggestions?  I know, book ahead.

Are try to reserve at GS parks only, Have you tried any of the state parks, or USCOE parks.

Hi Patti, I don’t have any pearls of wisdom on that subject. Be new to this world we are running into the same issues. Plus our RV is 44’ long. I believe next year will better for us as we will plan out six months ahead of schedule. Good luck and if you find some insight on the subject let me know. 

SafetyFuse01
Explorer
Explorer

I'm going on my second season of travel trailer ownership. I use it to live in while I work aray from home.

Second season? Is it getting easier?

Dave5
Explorer
Explorer

Hi

Hello 

Rocketship
Explorer
Explorer

Hello,

Im a newbie to this site and am not sure where to post my message so please allow me some space.I am recently retired and married. My wife is still working and not interested in doing any traveling.

I have been to almost all the continents around the world through my work but have not seen a majority of this great country. So now I would like to  travel around the USA. I do not have an RV but would like to hook up with someone that has similar interests and be a travel buddy. I am not looking for a romantic relationship but simply to travel to some amazing places and to share expenses with someone that is in a similar situation with an RV.

If you are a solo RV’er male or female and would like someone to join you in your travels please contact me. Age is not a factor either.

My interests are mainly visiting historical sites, some hiking and seeing this beautiful country before I get too old to do anything.

I live in Florida but can fly into any major airport to start our journey.

Of course an interview would be a must just to make sure our interests align with each other .

Thank You and Kind Regards.

RnS_3Cats_2Dogs
Explorer
Explorer

RnS_3Cats_2Dogs
Explorer
Explorer

My wife and I just signed up for Good Sam.  We had a bad experience with a competitor's roadside assist program so giving GS a shot.  We were stranded for nearly 3 hours with the roadside service telling us our Class C wasn't covered under the plan.  We got back on the road alone and with no help from the service we were paying for.  We dropped them this morning and signed up with GS.

We are retired New Englanders looking to see a bit of the country with our three cats and two miniature Dachshunds.  We have three trips under our belt, with the last being the most eventful.  Bigfoot levelers that wouldn't retract and we got stuck in a slippery field (on separate days) were not fun at all.  We are still getting used to RV life and learning as we go.  I am a retired electrical engineer and my Dad was a jack-of-all-trades type of guy that taught me a lot.  So all this pent-up knowledge is helping us on our journey.