cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Komfort 274TS Receptacle Issues

jwhopson
Explorer
Explorer
I am not an experienced TT owner, but have used and stayed in many RV's. I recently purchased a TT and there have been issues where the converter seems to get extremely hot and on the circuit board it looks like it is getting more "brown". Everything seemed to work fine, camped for 3 days with a generator - all appliances and everything worked.

Drove home with the hot water swtich on and the water drained out of the fresh tank. When home, I verified the hot water heater lights and heats water.

However, all my receptacles are dead. I have 30amp shore power connected and there are 5 breakers for AC, main, microwave, etc... one of them is a receptacles breaker. I have power at the breaker via test light. However the kitchen receptacles and all other receptacles are not working, is there something I am missing or would there be another issue? I don't see any GFCI's and I wouldn't think that would kill all receptacles or would it? Do you know of the typical wiring sequence - does it go from breaker to kitchen side, front, then back down the port side or something?
5 REPLIES 5

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for getting back to us with the solution. It will help future people with similar problems who are searching old threads.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

jwhopson
Explorer
Explorer
Update...
It was a faulty GFCI plug in the bathroom. I couldn't find any other item, all the appliances worked except the plugs. When I double checked the gfci push button reset it wasn't working properly so I replaced the plug and tripped the new plug, reset it and it stayed in with no issues - all other plugs work great. Thank you all for your replies.

JBarca
Nomad II
Nomad II
You said "all" your receptacles are dead.

Is the display on the microwave working? The microwave is plugged into a separate receptacle, typically is "not" on a GFIC, and has its own circuit breaker.

If the microwave display is lit up, then this helps tell that the 120 VAC shore is getting into the camper. If not, you may have an issue inside the power converter box not allowing the 120 VAC shore power to get to the branch circuits after you confirm the GFIC's are working.

As was stated, the kitchen receptacle can have its own GFIC, and the bathroom can have its own GFIC. If they are tripped, all circuits downstream of the bath and kitchen can also be dead, except the microwave, which may be on its separate circuit. Check them.

As to your power converter board getting hot and changing colors, this issue should be checked out by an electrical person trained in doing this. The power converter can go bad, more so as they get older. Odds are, the 120 VAC receptacle issue is not part of your power converter issue. They are separate topics.

Hope this helps

John
2005 Ford F350 Super Duty, 4x4; 6.8L V10 with 4.10 RA, 21,000 GCWR, 11,000 GVWR, upgraded 2 1/2" Towbeast Receiver. Hitched with a 1,700# Reese HP WD, HP Dual Cam to a 2004 Sunline Solaris T310R travel trailer.

nickthehunter
Nomad II
Nomad II
Did you check the outside receptacle near the front door?

QCMan
Nomad II
Nomad II
Most trailers will have a gfci outlet at the front of the string and the rest will daisy chain off of that. Check the bathroom and kitchen outlets to see if they are gfci. They will not look like a home gfci outlet with all the markings. The two buttons in the middle will be there. Keep us posted.
2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member