cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Kwikee Step

Gottahaveit
We have a 2006 Mandalay MHome with the Kwikee step. The step appears to be working properly however when it retracts the motor seems to keep trying to engage (keeps clicking) for a few seconds after the step is in. We have replaced the motor in the past and just wondering if you think is trying to go out on us again ?
Not sure if itโ€™s related at all but the sensor is acting up as well and steps only go in I close the screen first. Recently had new flooring put and not sure if it just needs adjusting.
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
6 REPLIES 6

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
Thanks for the update!
One giant step!

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

Gottahaveit
Update:
The bushings were fine but hard gear was worn and missing teeth. Replaced with this and it works like a charm now :B

Kwikee 379160 Gear Box Linkage with A, Grey, 9 Inch
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide

Gottahaveit
Thanks for the suggestion on the bushings. Itโ€™s worth a shot ๐Ÿ™‚
40ft Mandalay Quad Slide

klutchdust
Explorer II
Explorer II
RLS7201 wrote:
I'm going to suggest the 3 bushings have flattened, allowing the motor to keep rotating. It is a common issue that causes people to buy motors and gear boxes, when all that's needed is the bushings. The bushings fit inside of this gear.
Take the gear and cover off the side of the motor and you will see the issue.

Bushings also available from Oreilly Auto Parts, for Ford power windows

The motor itself is similar if not the same as a Ford power window motor. Last one I used was 67. dollars. Qwikee steps cost much more than that.

Richard

RLS7201
Explorer
Explorer
I'm going to suggest the 3 bushings have flattened, allowing the motor to keep rotating. It is a common issue that causes people to buy motors and gear boxes, when all that's needed is the bushings. The bushings fit inside of this gear.
Take the gear and cover off the side of the motor and you will see the issue.

Bushings also available from Oreilly Auto Parts, for Ford power windows

Richard
95 Bounder 32H F53 460
2013 CRV Toad
2 Segways in Toad
First brake job
1941 Hudson

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
The magnet needs to be adjusted to tell the step to retract.
As for the step retracting issue, I would check the connector for the control box and the two ground connections.

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker