cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kentucky's Bluegrass Parkway.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
Just did a trip to the Bourbon trail and came into Frankfort on the Bluegrass Pkwy east bound from 65. There was one stretch that was so rough and potholed it KO'd one of my slides. The pothole we hit was so bad I thought I was going to lose an axle. Couldn't move to avoid it. Insane. Just had a tech come out today to evaluate the damage and fix the slide. Fixable but needs to go into his shop. Watchout if you travel this road.
3 REPLIES 3

whjco
Explorer
Explorer
That rough section of the Bluegrass Parkway is going to be repaired and repaved starting at the end of May. It's had it rough spots for awhile and those of us who travel it often know to drive the left lane through that stretch.
Bill J., Lexington, KY
2006 Starcraft 2500RKS 25' Travel Trailer
2015 Ram 2500 Big Horn 6.7 Cummins.

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
We did Buffalo Trace and Bulleit distilleries and it was a very good contrast of the modern and the old. We stayed at Elkhorn Creek CG in Frankfort and it was a nice smaller well kept campground. I'd go back there if I was in the area again. The trip was nice but be careful and vigilant on that road...for the most part the road was fine but when we hit that bombed out section I didn't know what hit us at first. Enjoy your tours. Eat at Cattleman's Roadhouse if you want a good steak.

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
Thank you, we are going to be in the area last of August. Coming from Elkhart to Shelbyville KY then on to Pigeon Forge. Spending a week in Kentucky.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly