cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Selling my trailer...where to list?

3_dog_nights
Explorer
Explorer
Going to sell our travel trailer, since we have bought a vacation condo and no longer need the trailer. Looking for suggestions as to where to list the sale? also has anyone delt with POP RV? They talk a good game but are the as good as they say?
Bob & Lynn
2 Chihuahua's, Ella, Gracie

was-2013 Open Range 424RLS,06' Chevy 3500, dually, Duramax/Allison

also was - 2015 Winnebago Adventurer 37F, towing 2003 Jeep Wrangler

now - 2021 NoBo 19.5, 2019 Honda Ridgeline RTL (Talk about downsizing!)
6 REPLIES 6

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
BB_TX wrote:
I listed my 5er on Facebook Marketplace and sold it in 2 days for asking price to the first person to inquire. I limited the ad to 50-75 mile radius to make it easy to show potential buyers and make it easy to meet them at their bank to get a bank issued check. Met her at her bank, bank issued a check, I signed over the title, done. Had an additional 20+ seemingly serious inquires before I could mark it sold.

You limit the add to a radius? Id like to see how you did that. Lol

Well, I would too now. I sold my 5er there 3 yrs ago and was surprised to see an option for limiting the viewing area. But going back and looking now and I no longer see that option. :h

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
BB_TX wrote:
I listed my 5er on Facebook Marketplace and sold it in 2 days for asking price to the first person to inquire. I limited the ad to 50-75 mile radius to make it easy to show potential buyers and make it easy to meet them at their bank to get a bank issued check. Met her at her bank, bank issued a check, I signed over the title, done. Had an additional 20+ seemingly serious inquires before I could mark it sold.

You limit the add to a radius? Id like to see how you did that. Lol
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
I sold my last one on RVTrader. Took two weeks. No regrets.
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)

Huntindog
Explorer
Explorer
3 dog nights wrote:
Going to sell our travel trailer, since we have bought a vacation condo and no longer need the trailer. Looking for suggestions as to where to list the sale? also has anyone delt with POP RV? They talk a good game but are the as good as they say?
I have sold all 3 of mine fast and easy on Craigs list.It is free. I will say that the last one got a not of scammers and low baller calls. Just don't fall for them. A true buyer will not try to purchase it over the phone.
Huntindog
100% boondocking
2021 Grand Design Momentum 398M
2 bathrooms, no waiting
104 gal grey, 104 black,158 fresh
FullBodyPaint, 3,8Kaxles, DiscBrakes
17.5LRH commercial tires
1860watts solar,800 AH Battleborn batterys
2020 Silverado HighCountry CC DA 4X4 DRW

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Never heard of Pop RV. Is it a dealer? An online selling marketplace?

I've listed stuff on RVtrader.com, Craigslist as well as Facebook Marketplace.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad