cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Distance between the two RV?

Maria3002
Explorer
Explorer
What distance should be between the two RV trailer that stays full year on campground. When they open slides is some space that must be between, how many feet?
14 REPLIES 14

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Cwilson333 wrote:
I don't know of many private parks, if any, that don't pack seasonals in as tight as possible. A new trend is for them to make seasonals sign a waiver requiring them to not attach anything to the rig, have the rig ready to be moved when not occupied, and provide a log with dates the tenant plans to occupy giving them the permission to move the rig if they need the space/site, say for a weekend camper. It also releases them from any liability when/if they do move it. Expect this to become the norm. Don't like it, don't patronize.

Yep, that would be a hard NO from us too.

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II
A very legit and good question. Ignore dirty dog and other SA repliers. I have never stayed in such tightly packed places and would not do so. My good luck and prior planning. Cheers.

Cwilson333
Explorer
Explorer
I don't know of many private parks, if any, that don't pack seasonals in as tight as possible. A new trend is for them to make seasonals sign a waiver requiring them to not attach anything to the rig, have the rig ready to be moved when not occupied, and provide a log with dates the tenant plans to occupy giving them the permission to move the rig if they need the space/site, say for a weekend camper. It also releases them from any liability when/if they do move it. Expect this to become the norm. Don't like it, don't patronize.

Cwilson333
Explorer
Explorer
And stay the hell off my lawn lol.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Maria3002 wrote:
What distance should be between the two RV trailer that stays full year on campground. When they open slides is some space that must be between, how many feet?

There should be a tone of space if they are pulling in the same direction, I personally hate the sites that you are staggered in opposite directions so they can be lazy with installing power, sewer and water. being that close is a fire hazard and when you're in the trailer you can hear everything from the next one, so I won't go back to a place like that if I get there and fine it is like that, I have even turned around and got my money back and left for somewhere different before.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

valhalla360
Nomad
Nomad
Legal minimum vs what you should accept.

A lot of places don't seem to have any legal minimum spacing.

Having seen a couple of RV fires, I would want a minimum 10ft between units (with slides open) and 15-20ft would be much better. If the fire gets hot, expect lots of damage from melting plastic parts.
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
That's why RVs have wheels so you can move on if you're not happy.

Goostoff
Explorer
Explorer
I dont want to hear my neighbors TV through the walls. If I wanted that I would get a hotel room.
1993 Chevy C3500
2005 Cedar Creek 34RLTS

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Iโ€™ve run into a couple of campsites like the one described. Those donโ€™t get a revisit.

wa8yxm wrote:
I know one campground I was in when I had my slides out and my neighbor had his out you zig-Zaged between our trailers because the straight line was blocked by the slides...

I'd like a bit more room.
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

Fizz
Explorer
Explorer
When you can hear the neighbor snoring you know you're too close.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I know one campground I was in when I had my slides out and my neighbor had his out you zig-Zaged between our trailers because the straight line was blocked by the slides...

I'd like a bit more room.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
WTH kind of question is this?
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Dutch_12078
Explorer
Explorer
There is no defined spacing requirement, although zoning and permitting may have some input on that. Site spacing is up to the individual park owners. Some parks prefer to cram as many sites as possible into a given area to maximize income, while others allow more space aiming for happier guests that will return more often. The spacing can also be a consideration in the pricing. More space, higher prices.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Just my opinion, but enough to walk between them with all the slides deployed.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB