cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Airxcel Skymaxx 97000

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2022 host cascade tc with the over the bed hatch. Does anyone here have or know of one for parts. I need the two hinges that attach the bar to the vent top. Mfg will only sell me a whole vent. Hoping I might get lucky for parts. If not I will be installing an arctic tern. Thanks everyone. Barry
2006 F350 4x4 DRW CREW CAB 6.0

SNOWRIVER 9'6" DINETTE ALL WEATHER PACKAGE

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER
7 REPLIES 7

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Received my new skymaxx hatch. I have installed the parts from the new one to the skymaxx on my Host. Fourteen months to finally get it fixed. Pins on the bar handle that hold it open or locked closed and broken hinges on the handle assembly. I jury rigged it closed with bungee cords. It was really disheartening for us to have our new camper with this defect and to have to deal with it so long. Skymaxx will not sell parts to anyone, only the whole assembly. I wanted no parts of disturbing the roof seal on our new camper to replace with a new skymaxx. Artic Tern looks like a nice replacement. If anyone is purchasing a new host, please do not get the the skymaxx hatch. It is cheaply made and parts cannot be purchased. Thanks for letting me vent and I hope I've helped someone. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Just got a reply from the service manager that Tom's Camperland will be sending me a replacement hatch. I'm glad to finally have some good news. They used my conversations with them from last year. I didn't ask why so long, just glad to be headed in the right direction. Thanks for everyone's reply. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
Makes perfect sense. I will update after my next reach out to the dealership. Thank you for your wisdom. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
I would be much more inclined to never do business with "Tom's Camperland" than to never install another "Airmax product."

"Tom's Camperland" owes you a complete hatch, if that is the only way the hatch manufacturer works, period.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

StirCrazy
Nomad III
Nomad III
Barry W wrote:
No accident. It was broke the first day of ownership. I just did not catch it till we were heading for home from Tom's camperland where I purchased it from. For a whole year the parts Dept gave me the run around. Now I'm past warranty. I will never replace it with another airmax product. It is a real shame the company want sell parts needed for repair. I just thought I'd ask here before ordering a replacement hatch. It will be an arctic tern if I can't find parts. Barry

As long as you originally filed before the warranty was over you should be good to keep it under warranty. Tell them to give you a whole unit and take the parts you need off it and keep the rest as spare parts. If they only sell it as a whole unit then that's what you get.
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Barry_W
Explorer
Explorer
No accident. It was broke the first day of ownership. I just did not catch it till we were heading for home from Tom's camperland where I purchased it from. For a whole year the parts Dept gave me the run around. Now I'm past warranty. I will never replace it with another airmax product. It is a real shame the company want sell parts needed for repair. I just thought I'd ask here before ordering a replacement hatch. It will be an arctic tern if I can't find parts. Barry

FIRESTONE AIR BAGS
RANCHO 9000X SHOCKS

HONDA EU2000

1000 WATT INVERTER

Dave_D_
Explorer
Explorer
What happened to the original hinges? Wouldn't a 2022 Cascade have some warranty coverage? Did you hit something while it was open? Can you have someone fabricate something? I have a 2020 Cascade myself, and had the fun experience of peeling the top off my A/C unit once. It's a tall camper, for sure.
2020 Host Cascade, 2020 Chevy 3500