cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Happijac issue

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
I’m trying to get the remote for these to work with the receiver , but No! I can get all the jacks work at once and the rear to work ok , but the fronts don’t work, I have tried connecting cable to the receiver from the remote, and to reprogram the remote, but they still don’t work, right. It’s also very difficult to find someone who will service these Jacks . Can anybody give me some help?? Thanks
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator
32 REPLIES 32

egarant
Explorer III
Explorer III
I had a similar problem, it was the remote. The red and blue arrows get used a lot and eventually die. Buy a new one for $150 on Amazon, I now carry two at all times.
2021 FORD F350 dually 4x4 with 4.30 gears
2013 Eagle Cap 950
480 Watts Solar, 3K VictronConnect Multiplus II, VictronConnect smart DC-DC charger, VictronConnect 100/30 solar controller, 250 amps of lithium batteries by LifeBlue

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
A follow up to my Happijac old style motor dying on my 4800 jack. I ordered a new style motor, and installed it on the 4800 jack. Works fine, very quiet. Not sure if the new clutchless style motor is turned off by the new style controller, or in the motor itself. If it shuts off in the motor, I should be OK. If it's shutoff by the controller, I'm still using my old style controller, so I'll have to be careful when I retract the jack all the way in so the fuse in the controller doesn't blow.

2022 Ram 3500 Dually Crewcab Longbed Cummins, 2019 Northstar 12 STC

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
user113 wrote:
mattyj wrote:
With the same issue, I picked up my HappiJac 4200 Motörhead from electric motor repair shop and for 150.00 problem solved all for 150.00! Now all the jacks are working!

The most amazing thing in this statement is that you were able to find an "electric motor repair shop" in this day and age!! Glad you were successful.
. Thanks , the shop mainly rebuilds starters and alternators , and camper jacks.
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator

user113
Explorer III
Explorer III
mattyj wrote:
With the same issue, I picked up my HappiJac 4200 Motörhead from electric motor repair shop and for 150.00 problem solved all for 150.00! Now all the jacks are working!

The most amazing thing in this statement is that you were able to find an "electric motor repair shop" in this day and age!! Glad you were successful.
2022 Palomino HS-2901
2004 Dodge RAM 3500

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
srschang wrote:
One of my three year old Happijac motors (old style) has died. Right now, replacements are not available. Here's what I got from Lippert this morning:

Good afternoon,

The motors will be available again at the end of June, the PN is 2022003046, and they are $220.95 each.

If you would like to order one, you can do that at any time via email or over the phone, but it will not ship until the end of June when these are back in stock.

To order via email, please reply with quantity, phone number, and a good shipping address. We will create the order and email you a secure link for payment.

Thank you,

Ashley W
Lippert Care Center Leveling/Slides Parts Agent
p: 432.LIPPERT | f: 574.534.7161
Lippert
. With the same issue, I picked up my HappiJac 4200 Motörhead from electric motor repair shop and for 150.00 problem solved all for 150.00! Now all the jacks are working!

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
One of my three year old Happijac motors (old style) has died. Right now, replacements are not available. Here's what I got from Lippert this morning:

Good afternoon,

The motors will be available again at the end of June, the PN is 2022003046, and they are $220.95 each.

If you would like to order one, you can do that at any time via email or over the phone, but it will not ship until the end of June when these are back in stock.

To order via email, please reply with quantity, phone number, and a good shipping address. We will create the order and email you a secure link for payment.

Thank you,

Ashley W
Lippert Care Center Leveling/Slides Parts Agent
p: 432.LIPPERT | f: 574.534.7161
Lippert

skidsteerpilot
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry to hear about your troubles. We've had success with having the motors cleaned/refurbed at a repair shop so hopefully you will too.

Could you elaborate on "won't be available until the end of June" ? Will they be offering the motor/head units again? Will this be Lippert?
The Grey Goose
2017 Ford 350 DRW Flatbed / 2012 Northern-Lite 10-2
https://thegreygoose.net

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Since Happijac does not manufacture the 4200 model that I have , and the Motörhead replacement won’t be available til the end of June, I bought the Motörhead to an electric motor repair shop and hoping for the best !

joerg68
Nomad II
Nomad II
Revert to manual crank mode? Get a decent battery drill and the required drill bit...

We had HJ electric jacks on our previous camper, and their reliability was not very impressive then. We did not order them for our 2017 Northstar. We now use a good high-torque Makita 18V drill. Then again, we take the camper off only very rarely, so it is not that much of an inconvenience.

You may be able to find some used motors on the web. If you have some time.
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow

srschang
Nomad
Nomad
So, my 3 year old Northstar 12STC has Happijac 4800 jacks on the front, and Happijac 4160 jacks on the rear. The motor on one of the front jacks has died. After discussion with folks at Etrailer, the new style Happijac motors won't work with my current jacks. They said the only thing I cand do is replace all 4 jacks, the control unit, and remote with the new drive system. $3500 because one powerhead died. Do I have any other options? Thanks.

Not real happy with Happijac at this point.

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Ski Pro 3 wrote:
Open the remote. There's a ribbon cable that connects the keypad to the circuit board. It's held to the circuit board with a zero insertion force tab. Remove the tab. Remove the ribbon. Clean the ribbon connections with a pencil eraser. Reassemble.
Mine has done this a couple times. Now works fine.
. Thanks but I have determined it’s one of the jack motorheads is dead , and Happijac has discontinued making them until the end of June . I guess I’ll wait.

Ski_Pro_3
Explorer
Explorer
Open the remote. There's a ribbon cable that connects the keypad to the circuit board. It's held to the circuit board with a zero insertion force tab. Remove the tab. Remove the ribbon. Clean the ribbon connections with a pencil eraser. Reassemble.
Mine has done this a couple times. Now works fine.

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
stevenal wrote:
1 Up and down refer to the camper direction. It's easy to get this confused, since the jacks extend downward to move the camper up.

2 If the jacks move opposite to what's described above, you have a polarity issue.

3 When all else fails, I find a power cycle reboot will cure things.
. I tried all those things, nothing changed. Thank you for your response!

stevenal
Nomad
Nomad
1 Up and down refer to the camper direction. It's easy to get this confused, since the jacks extend downward to move the camper up.

2 If the jacks move opposite to what's described above, you have a polarity issue.

3 When all else fails, I find a power cycle reboot will cure things.
'18 Bigfoot 1500 Torklifts and Fastguns
'17 F350 Powerstroke Supercab SRW LB 4X4