cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Spray the roof

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
Anybody spray the roof with under armor? How much it cost and it worth it?
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
8 REPLIES 8

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
I did it and I am very happy.Spray America in Stafford TX is the place to do it.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
frankwp wrote:
Looks like good stuff. Do they glue down the cloth & then roll or spray on the liquid? My roof is still good but it's about 14 years old now and will need replacing at some point.

If your existing roof is still in relatively good shape they can apply right over it and get the same results. My roof rubber was in very poor shape for several reasons so I elected to have it torn off and go from there.

Before putting the fabric down, the tech rolled a coat of the same material as they use for the final coat. He then carefully laid down the fabric and then rolled two more coats of the liquid material on top and he was done. The whole process took three long days and with about one day being used to take off the old rubber and all the things attached.

The nice thing about the whole process is that he came to our family campground located in the middle of a national forest and quite a ways from a city. He had his own trailer which he parked in a clearing in the woods not far from us so he was able to start early and work late.
We invited him to stay and sit around the campfire but he was too tired and wanted to get to his own trailer to rest and sleep.
Barney
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
buc1980 wrote:
Anybody spray the roof with under armor? How much it cost and it worth it?

RVFlexarmour. I had ours done at RVRoofs of Dallas . Their shop is actually just off I35 in Denton. It's a spray process that must be done in thier controlled environment. Adds about 3/16 to a 1/4 thicck coating. All vents, fans ,& skylights replaced. AC's are removed so entire roof sprayed and they spray over the front cap seam about 8 inchs.
I think it's the best way of all the good ways to do a roof.

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like good stuff. Do they glue down the cloth & then roll or spray on the liquid? My roof is still good but it's about 14 years old now and will need replacing at some point.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

BarneyS
Explorer III
Explorer III
I think this company is the one the OP is talking about.
There have been several forum members who have had this process done.

I had mine done several years ago. My roof was completely torn off and replaced in three days by a very conscientious and well trained technician from RV Armor.
They came to my trailer location out in the woods and did it right there on site. The cost was just a bit over $6000 which included the removal of a ton of Eternabond tape. I am completely thrilled with the work done and how the roof looks now. No more worry about leaks.

As you can see by the pictures below, my roof looked terrible but was not leaking a bit as evidenced by the condition of the wood after the rubber was torn off. I was a bit worried but knew I had been quite proactive in taking care of it for the past 17 years. I would have no worries about recommending this company if you are looking to repair your roof or are interested in getting the longest life possible out of your rig.
Barney

Roof before

Rubber roof removed.

Cloth material roof covering

Roof right after liquid application

Roof completed. We left the luggage rack off because it had never been used and never would be.
2004 Sunnybrook Titan 30FKS TT
Hensley "Arrow" 1400# hitch (Sold)
Not towing now.
Former tow vehicles were 2016 Ram 2500 CTD, 2002 Ford F250, 7.3 PSD, 1997 Ram 2500 5.9 gas engine

Birdnst
Explorer
Explorer
I have never done it or seen it before, however I have heard it may add considerable weight, not positive on the subject.
If you cannot take good care of what you have, you will not have anything good for very long!!!

frankwp
Explorer
Explorer
Under Armour??? That's the stuff I wear when I go for a run. Not sure what under armor is.
2010 Cruiser CF30QB
2003 GM 2500HD, crew cab, SB, 8.1, Allison

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
No matter what the product used & how it is applied the big unknown is the condition of the roof & how much time will be needed to prepare it for the new coating. That is where the money will be.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995