cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Price of camping

buc1980
Explorer
Explorer
What happen with the price of the campground? I see $80-100 per nite on River Road in TX.That insane they try to scare the people away?That the price of a nice hotel.
2017 Ford F350 DRW,2005 Kountry Star 35ft,16750 lb weight on SAILUN tire,6 points LIPPERD Level-up.New Mor/ryde IS suspension install.Full body paint 2022.RV flex roof 2023
51 REPLIES 51

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
racs_05 wrote:
dodge guy wrote:
Itโ€™s not just campgrounds. We have a wedding gift coming up. And the hotel near the venue (20min) wants $285 a night with a 4:00 check in. So they expect me to pay that much and basically just sleep and then leave in the morning?

It will crash for all. Places will either close or rates will drop like a rock!

you maybe right

Inflation is a terrible thing. It impacts the entire economy.
Each business and operation is forced to pass along their increase to a customer.
In the end only the strong survive.
In some cases a business may fold if the consumer can no longer afford their services. In other cases a consumer may fold and simply be priced out of an activity or place that they once enjoyed.
19'Duramax w/hips,12'Open Range,Titan Disc Brake
BD3,RV safepower,22" Blackstone
Ox Bedsaver,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,5500 Onan LP,Prog.50A surge,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan,Sailun S637
Correct Trax,Splendide

way2roll
Nomad III
Nomad III
valhalla360 wrote:
way2roll wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
way2roll wrote:

Am I reading this right? There's only one CG on the passport site in all of MD? I don't see how that's helpful. Cuz there's a whole lot more CG's than that, some of which are much cheaper.

Maryland is a kind of skinny funky shaped state, so you may need to look at the adjacent states which may be 20-30 miles away.

If you insist on prime location at prime time...yeah, you will pay.

I'm originally from MD so I am familiar with it. My point was really around the value of clubs like passport america which costs money to join yet has only one CG in an entire state?

If you refuse to go 10 miles across state lines....yeah it won't work you. Of course there are other solutions but if you simply want to vent.....

And again you miss the point.. or dodge it.
2023 FR Sunseeker 2400B MBS

racs_05
Explorer
Explorer
dodge guy wrote:
Itโ€™s not just campgrounds. We have a wedding gift coming up. And the hotel near the venue (20min) wants $285 a night with a 4:00 check in. So they expect me to pay that much and basically just sleep and then leave in the morning?

you maybe right

valhalla360
Nomad II
Nomad II
way2roll wrote:
valhalla360 wrote:
way2roll wrote:

Am I reading this right? There's only one CG on the passport site in all of MD? I don't see how that's helpful. Cuz there's a whole lot more CG's than that, some of which are much cheaper.

Maryland is a kind of skinny funky shaped state, so you may need to look at the adjacent states which may be 20-30 miles away.

If you insist on prime location at prime time...yeah, you will pay.

I'm originally from MD so I am familiar with it. My point was really around the value of clubs like passport america which costs money to join yet has only one CG in an entire state?

If you refuse to go 10 miles across state lines....yeah it won't work you. Of course there are other solutions but if you simply want to vent.....
Tammy & Mike
Ford F250 V10
2021 Gray Wolf
Gemini Catamaran 34'
Full Time spliting time between boat and RV

monkey44
Nomad II
Nomad II
We'd pay more to have our own bed, our own shower, etc. But when it gets up that high for camping - define camping? - I'll go find more boondocking areas or primative areas and enjoy it more anyway.

It's probably more the family with kids and specific vacation times that need the higher priced resort style vacations, even with camping vehicles. We could not tolerate that for long as we've been rustic camping campers for fifty or so years. It takes different kinds of areas, different prices to suit all types of camping and family groups.
Monkey44
Cape Cod Ma & Central Fla
Chevy 2500HD 4x4 DC-SB
2008 Lance 845
Back-country camping fanatic

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
I want to be OK with the prices but when a FHU site at a busy resort area in peak season approaches 175.00 per night my wallet starts to squirm a bit.
However when I consider the cost of a condo for a week in a resort area the CG rate becomes a bargain! Its all relative.
Correct Trax,Splendide

wowens79
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'm ok with the prices, I just want to be able to find some availability at the parks I like. I really miss the days of being able to do spontaneous trips. When the popular state parks fill up a year in advance it is frustrating.
I envy you guys out west that can boondock, here in the southeast, there aren't many places to do that.
2022 Ford F-350 7.3l
2002 Chevy Silverado 1500HD 6.0l 268k miles (retired)
2016 Heritage Glen 29BH
2003 Flagstaff 228D Pop Up

dodge_guy
Explorer
Explorer
Itโ€™s not just campgrounds. We have a wedding coming up. And the hotel near the venue (20min) wants $285 a night with a 4:00 check in. So they expect me to pay that much and basically just sleep and then leave in the morning?

Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I'll let you all continue this. Going to Myrtle Beach next week---booked today!

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
Because of price increase and availability issues. The camping game has become more complicated in the end you must set your own criteria and priority.
Is price your main priority? Are you willing to camp most anywhere if the price is right? Public parks are much cheaper but because of increased demand, reservations must be made months to years in advance.
If you must be in a specific area at a certain time you need to be prepared to increase you budget.
It's all supply and demand for the most part, if you are not willing to pay the increased price the next guy in line will be willing to pay.
If your schedule is somewhat flexible you can save by choosing alternative locations and dates. However if you schedule is fixed be ready pay the market rate
Correct Trax,Splendide

LMHS
Explorer II
Explorer II
You've shot down every suggestion that everyone has given to you. Pay the higher prices of the places you want to stay at in Maryland or go out of state to find someplace similar that is cheaper. Either way, it will probably cost about the same (cheaper price + fuel = higher per night rate).

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
While I understand many enjoy Passport America and find the program useful.
I have found it has too many restrictions and limitations to be beneficial to me.
Correct Trax,Splendide

wapiticountry
Explorer
Explorer
valhalla360 wrote:
wapiticountry wrote:
If only any of those rates, be it RV or Hotel were available in high demand areas. Example: West Yellowstone in August. Grizzly RV park standard back in site $129.00 a night. Holiday Inn Express $402/night. And those prices donโ€™t include a dozen eggs. Welcome to prices in the year 2023.

Wow, we spent a week at Fishing Bridge in the park for something like $85/n. I was choking on that a bit but location was worth a lot. Helps to be flexible on dates or book early.

Paid $35/n in Cody just before going into the Yellowstone.

I'm guessing you were talking about a holiday weekend or something to be paying $402/n for Holiday Inn.
I pulled August 8 -9 out of thin air.

ferndaleflyer
Explorer III
Explorer III
I may end up camped at my house in Glen Burnie. Guess I lived there for 50-60 years but never camped there. Been every where but there I guess. Thanks for all the suggestions.