cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Pnumatic car jacks for leveling?

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Yes I have lots of hare brained ideas and quite proud of some of them! Has anyone tried the bellows type air jacks for leveling? I have a 02 Roadtrek class B and it seems like anyplace I park the front is too low. No suspension issues, just the nature of things. I always carry a compressor so air is not an issue.

https://www.amazon.com/Mophorn-Pneumatic-Lifting-Capacity-Extremely/dp/B07L6138MY/ref=sxin_16_pa_sp_...
6 REPLIES 6

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
jjrbus wrote:
From looking at the air bag type they look like they would be fairly bouncy. I dismissed the bellow type for the same reason. Until my neighbor bought one, they have a telescoping shaft inside which makes them much more stable than say an air spring, which they look like.

Well maybe theyโ€™ll be more stableโ€ฆ.
Not sure if itโ€™s comparable to your bus though.
Was the bud air suspension that you could manually level with or singular unsecured bags like you pictured?
Iโ€™ve leveled the truck camper by inflating/deflating add on bags as well. Big difference if itโ€™s got the stability of the vechileโ€™s road suspension attachments or not.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
Aside from turning the RV into a bouncy house, it seems like a complicated, expensive solution to some wood blocks or plastic stackers if youโ€™re into spending money vs scrap lumber for leveling.

My bus conversion had a 3 point air bag leveling system, worked exceedingly well. Been using boards for many years and a bit tired of it.

jjrbus
Explorer
Explorer
From looking at the air bag type they look like they would be fairly bouncy. I dismissed the bellow type for the same reason. Until my neighbor bought one, they have a telescoping shaft inside which makes them much more stable than say an air spring, which they look like.

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Aside from turning the RV into a bouncy house, it seems like a complicated, expensive solution to some wood blocks or plastic stackers if youโ€™re into spending money vs scrap lumber for leveling.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

mbutts
Explorer
Explorer
I recall the air pillow things from 10+ years ago. A friend just mentioned these last week. Not sure if they're available in the US.
Mike Butts
DW+DD+DS+Poodles
2017 Forest River Forester 3011DS (first MH!)
Previously 1999 Coleman Santa Fe pop-up, 2007 Kodiak 23SS hybrid, 2013 Sunset Trail 29SS travel trailer

Roger10378
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think you will find it rather bouncy but I can't see any safety issues.
2005 Cardinal 30TS
2007 Chevy 2500HD D/A