Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

The Ford Explorer Men only Edition

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
click

They don't mention power door locks, seat belts, horn and low fuel warning light ... I bet woman were behind those things as well.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5
25 REPLIES 25

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
fj12ryder wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I'll be away from the computer for an hour. I need to instruct the wife as to how to fix my supper.
bumpy

Better hope she still not using cast iron skillets, those things can do some damage. ๐Ÿ™‚

My first wife had a tendency to throw things. Cookware, knives, in fact she would sometimes MT kitchen cabinets at me. Not much of issue, because I was champion dodgeball player in grade school.
But when she threw the cat...
4 foot around, and a claw or tooth ready for the near miss.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
ksss wrote:
goducks10 wrote:
RetiredRealtorRick wrote:
Cute. I get it . . . in recognition of Women's History Month. OK.

So, when is Men's History Month, or did I miss it?

The world's population is almost an equal split, 50.4% men, 49.6% women.
So, we should expect equal billing, right?

Women haven't had equal billing ever.
They just got the right to vote in 1920.
They still are told what they can and can't do with their bodies by old white men.
They still get paid less. 18% less.
There might be as many women as men but they sure as heck don't get equal billing IMO.

Well they live longer then men so there is that. I would say that is an advantage.
Affirmative action has more than made up for any advantage that men once had in hiring.
Still told what they can do with their bodies by old white men? Old white men prevent the use of women using birth control? Never seen that... If you mean abortion, that is society driven at the State level now, Your free to vote for whomever you like to make that decision for you.

Affirmative action has solved the issue, but women are still paid less for doing many jobs? And look at the fight about law eliminating that gap.
Birth control? If you got news from a verity of sources you would know some old white men are discussing limits on BC. And on the other thing, if the OWM is paid by state, instead of Fed, he is still telling her what she can do. If free, she could make the decision for herself.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Bumpyroad wrote:
I'll be away from the computer for an hour. I need to instruct the wife as to how to fix my supper.
bumpy

Better hope she still not using cast iron skillets, those things can do some damage. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
ksss wrote:

Well they live longer then men so there is that. I would say that is an advantage.
Affirmative action has more than made up for any advantage that men once had in hiring.
Still told what they can do with their bodies by old white men? Old white men prevent the use of women using birth control? Never seen that... If you mean abortion, that is society driven at the State level now, Your free to vote for whomever you like to make that decision for you.
As spoken by an old white man. LOL
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
bumpy

ksss
Explorer
Explorer
goducks10 wrote:

They still are told what they can and can't do with their bodies by old white men.
There might be as many women as men but they sure as heck don't get equal billing IMO.

2020 Chevy 3500 CC 4X4 DRW D/A
2013 Fuzion 342
2011 RZR Desert Tan
2012 Sea Doo GTX 155
2018 Chevy 3500HD CC LB SRW 4X4 D/A
2015 Chevy Camaro ZL1

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
goducks10 wrote:

Isnโ€™t there a BLM rally or a tree to go tie yourself to somewhere?

Idk aboot your industry but in mine women get absolutely equal compensation or โ€œbillingโ€ as men for equal positions. Even if itโ€™s a manual labor type position and theyโ€™re physically weaker. For white collar positions, they get more consideration than menโ€ฆ.generally because some biiitch more about being treated equal and then also most assuredly put in less hours with more and better excuses.

This argument is soooo old and worn out/ overused, most women donโ€™t even believe it anymore! At least not the ones striving to contribute equallyโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

goducks10
Explorer
Explorer

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Common sense has rarely been in evidence for these many hundreds of years. But one can hope for miracles. ๐Ÿ™‚
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
fj12ryder wrote:

Basically, every month is Men's History Month. Or hadn't you noticed? ๐Ÿ™‚

Sometimes my wife wishes I was history . . . . does that count? :E

Unless people start using a tiny bit of common sense and start standing against the insanity that is going on in the world, men and woman are both history.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

RetiredRealtorR
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:

Sometimes my wife wishes I was history . . . . does that count? :E
. . . never confuse education with intelligence, nor motion with progress

Groover
Explorer II
Explorer II
ktmrfs wrote:
Bumpyroad wrote:
I dropped my subscription to Consumer Reports when they down rated my ford cause it didn't have that wonderful safety feature, padded visors. IIRC they were a $5 option
bumpy

remember when dashboards were hard metal, no padding?

There were dozens of different shift patterns and locations for automatic transmissions, Chrysler push button on the left of the dash, column, some with park at the top or far left, some with park at the bottom, drive and reverse in different locations

GM with the 4 position key, one was unlocked and you could start the car w/o a key in the ignition.

and the wonderful Gov't mandated spedo with a max speed display of 85mph in the 1980's

suicide rear doors, really nice to get into the back seat. has shown a revivial in a few cars.

I remember picking up a Consumer Reports in a book store long ago (but not 70 years, I am not that old) and read the review on the Crown Vic which was that the car was awful. Next I looked up the Grand Marquis and discovered that it had a great rating! I haven't given them much thought since that happened.

My dad had on of the those GM cars that didn't require a key, it was a 1963 Belair. He not only left it in the unlock position but also left the key in the trunk lock, ready to use. Never had a problem from either one, except for friends taking the key out of the trunk lock and bringing it to him. The original keyless car. For people that had grown up in small towns with horses and wagons vehicle security did not seem to be very important.

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
Bumpyroad wrote:
I dropped my subscription to Consumer Reports when they down rated my ford cause it didn't have that wonderful safety feature, padded visors. IIRC they were a $5 option
bumpy

remember when dashboards were hard metal, no padding?

There were dozens of different shift patterns and locations for automatic transmissions, Chrysler push button on the left of the dash, column, some with park at the top or far left, some with park at the bottom, drive and reverse in different locations

GM with the 4 position key, one was unlocked and you could start the car w/o a key in the ignition.

and the wonderful Gov't mandated spedo with a max speed display of 85mph in the 1980's

suicide rear doors, really nice to get into the back seat. has shown a revivial in a few cars.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II

Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"