cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic 12 V fridge DMC4101

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Purchased this fridge almost a year ago. Still under warranty. I have a problem locating a supplier for parts in my area. (Eastern NC near Jacksonville and Morehead City). Customer "NO" Service has not been any help at all to give me a part number or supplier for parts in this area. Also, I can not locate anything that list parts for my model on the internet. CS just asks for Model and Serial and will not answer any questions I may have. When I purchased this unit, I gave it a 5*, but now I would give the unit a 3* and customer service ZERO. They seem that all they want to do is sell the product though distributors, but not support it.
If anyone has information that may help, let me know. Freezer going from-20 to 30 deg at max setting.
5 REPLIES 5

Emmaloris32
Explorer
Explorer
I totally get how frustrating that must be. Just last month, my neighbor was in the exact same boat with their fridge. We were kind of stuck until we got in touch with this really helpful team. The best part? They didn't just fix the problem once, but actually came over twice to make sure everything was sorted. It's such a headache when you're still covered by warranty but can't find the right supplier for the parts you need. I know firsthand how much of a relief it is to find a team that's got your back in these situations. So, don't give up โ€“ there are solutions out there for your Fridge.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
Don't buy this fridge. If you can not move the RV, they will not service under warranty. I also found out where I can order parts, but it takes 3 months to get it in. I have a new inquiry in to Customer "NO" Service. On the internet you can get parts for their 12V/Propane ammonia fridge, but not the 12V DMC1401 fridge. I also am going to seek assist from where I purchased the fridge, who have been exceptional in the past.

If you can help, please reply. If not, and you don't know what you are talking about, don't waste my time and look like a fool.

joelc
Explorer III
Explorer III
wa8xm:
Thanks for the information. Perhaps, if they are still authorized I can use them for parts. Unfortunately, there are no CW anywhere near me.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Last I knew Camping World was authorized dometic everything but I would not swear to that as it's been nearly 20 years since I had to research.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If under warranty, get it to a Dometic Service center. Suppliers DO NOT assist in retail work by customers under warranty. They do NOT send out warranty parts for retail customers. So, I don't understand why you are complaining. IF you cannot get a Service Center to work on it, then complain. Doug