Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ford's issues

Me_Again
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YS9fgsncYBY
2021 F150 2.7 Ecoboost - Summer Home 2017 Bighorn 3575el. Can Am Spyder RT-L Chrome, Kawasaki KRX1000. Retired and enjoying it! RIP DW 07-05-2021
18 REPLIES 18

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Reisender wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
^Everyone has a price they will pay for a certain convenienceโ€ฆ.and Tesla has hit a home run so far playing their music to the right crowd. Kudos to Elon/Tesla.

What does it cost for techs to โ€œshow upโ€ and fix your Tesla, not under warranty? And how do they know which parts to bring, or do they roll up in a semi stocked with all the parts?

What does it cost for the Tesla tech to show up at your door when you live 500 mi from the nearest service center?

โ€ฆ.Thats what I thoughtโ€ฆ. Great city vehicles, great for people with significant disposable income and great for those who are allergic to getting their hands dirty.

Good morning. The procedure is you open your app, go to the right area and put in a work ticket. Follow the prompts to narrow down the problem, request home service and submit the ticket. Within an hour or so they get back to you and let you know if they can do it mobile or not. If not itโ€™s off to the service centre. They also give a cost estimate based on what they know. In our case they diagnose the issue over the air first. We had a camera alignment issue. They fixed it over the air but sent a tech out anyway just to check on it.

They have a fleet of modified old Tesla model Sโ€™s. 2014 and 2015 vintage from why I can tell. The front seats are intact but the rest is all Joey beds and the huge Frunk is a big parts bin.

It took four days for us from the time we put on the ticket to the time they came out. The tech that looked after us has about a 200 kilometre range he works out of. They come right to your workplace or your house. We have a lot of teslas here so we seen him in town reasonably often. The service centre is 450 kilometres away so itโ€™s handy.

Prices are really competitive for non warranty stuff from what I gather from the other tesla owners in the area. Great service. Happy customer here.

Hope that helps.

And so did you.
Presume both of yours are out of warranty since you both relate to paying for some repairs.
Yet neither of you can โ€œrememberโ€ what it cost not so long ago before you had a Tesla. Nor what you paid recently.
Assuming both of you are not diy. (Which is Teslas target audience. No one who realizes the value and savings in repairing their own cars would knowingly and willingly sign up for a monopoly over their car repairs. Except maybe those DIYers who arenโ€™t really smart enough to realize or know the difference. But they arenโ€™t buying Teslas anyway simply due to the cost of admission to the party)

PS it doesnโ€™t take long to pick out people who defend their position (about anything really) with purposely vague responsesโ€ฆ.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
JaxDad wrote:
Grit dog wrote:
What does it cost for techs to โ€œshow upโ€ and fix your Tesla, not under warranty? And how do they know which parts to bring, or do they roll up in a semi stocked with all the parts?

What does it cost for the Tesla tech to show up at your door when you live 500 mi from the nearest service center?

I donโ€™t know about other areas, but when they did non-warranty work here in the Toronto area they charged exactly the same as it would cost at the dealer.

Parts are easy, the car is fully connected to the interwebs, they can do all the same diagnostics when the car is in front of them or a thousand miles away.

The once I needed a service call when I was 210 miles from the dealer there was no charge, they covered it under goodwill since the tow would have been a LOT more.

You talked around the answerโ€ฆ

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
Ford Issues 2023 Bronco โ€˜Do Not Deliver-Do Not Driveโ€™ Order

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-issues-2023-bronco-do-not-deliver-do-not-drive-order/ar-AA18J8Q9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=51d53f9543c7497bb2e373941f9ba385&ei=19

Cheers and good reading.

I already posted a link on this topic.
'12 Ford Super Duty FX4 ELD CC 6.7 PSD 400HP 800ft/lbs "270k Miles"
'16 Sprinter 319MKS "Wide Body"

4x4ord
Explorer III
Explorer III
NamMedevac 70 wrote:
click
Cheers and good reading.
2023 F350 SRW Platinum short box 4x4.
B&W Companion
2008 Citation Platinum XL 34.5

NamMedevac_70
Explorer II
Explorer II

https://www.msn.com/en-us/autos/news/ford-issues-2023-bronco-do-not-deliver-do-not-drive-order/ar-AA18J8Q9?ocid=msedgntp&cvid=51d53f9543c7497bb2e373941f9ba385&ei=19

Cheers and good reading.

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
^Everyone has a price they will pay for a certain convenienceโ€ฆ.and Tesla has hit a home run so far playing their music to the right crowd. Kudos to Elon/Tesla.

โ€ฆ.Thats what I thoughtโ€ฆ. Great city vehicles, great for people with significant disposable income and great for those who are allergic to getting their hands dirty.

Good morning. The procedure is you open your app, go to the right area and put in a work ticket. Follow the prompts to narrow down the problem, request home service and submit the ticket. Within an hour or so they get back to you and let you know if they can do it mobile or not. If not itโ€™s off to the service centre. They also give a cost estimate based on what they know. In our case they diagnose the issue over the air first. We had a camera alignment issue. They fixed it over the air but sent a tech out anyway just to check on it.

They have a fleet of modified old Tesla model Sโ€™s. 2014 and 2015 vintage from why I can tell. The front seats are intact but the rest is all Joey beds and the huge Frunk is a big parts bin.

It took four days for us from the time we put on the ticket to the time they came out. The tech that looked after us has about a 200 kilometre range he works out of. They come right to your workplace or your house. We have a lot of teslas here so we seen him in town reasonably often. The service centre is 450 kilometres away so itโ€™s handy.

Prices are really competitive for non warranty stuff from what I gather from the other tesla owners in the area. Great service. Happy customer here.

Hope that helps.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad
Daughter got the car back the other day. Got two miles down the expressway, check engine light came on, Hot engine light came on, lost power and she barely got it to the side of the road before it died. Poured water in the radiator and it poured out on the ground. Towed it back to the stealership and now contacting Ford.

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
Grit dog wrote:

I donโ€™t know about other areas, but when they did non-warranty work here in the Toronto area they charged exactly the same as it would cost at the dealer.

Parts are easy, the car is fully connected to the interwebs, they can do all the same diagnostics when the car is in front of them or a thousand miles away.

The once I needed a service call when I was 210 miles from the dealer there was no charge, they covered it under goodwill since the tow would have been a LOT more.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
Quality Job 1

Link

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
FishOnOne wrote:
1995brave wrote:
My daughter will never buy a Ford again. Back in 2018 she bought an Ecosport with the 1L turbocharged 3 cylinder engine. For the first two years it ran great. She always took it to the dealer for oil changes and other work. Then the turbo stopped working and the dealer couldn't fix it. I looked at it and 20 minutes later I ordered a new vacuum solenoid and fixed that problem. Then last year the engine just died. Towed it to the dealer, they have to replace the engine and transmission under a non issued recall. Dealer had it over 8 months waiting for the parts. Finally got it back just before Christmas. Got 2 miles from the dealership and the new engine started acting up along with the transmission. As of today it's still sitting at the dealership because they don't know what to do. Ford won't buy it back under the Lemon Law because it needs one more failure to get their required three problems.

These things are a real POS. Aren't they made in China?
i

It depends on the market. The Ford EcoSport is being made in Romania, China, Brazil, India, Thailand, Vietnam and Russia.

FishOnOne
Explorer III
Explorer III
1995brave wrote:
My daughter will never buy a Ford again. Back in 2018 she bought an Ecosport with the 1L turbocharged 3 cylinder engine. For the first two years it ran great. She always took it to the dealer for oil changes and other work. Then the turbo stopped working and the dealer couldn't fix it. I looked at it and 20 minutes later I ordered a new vacuum solenoid and fixed that problem. Then last year the engine just died. Towed it to the dealer, they have to replace the engine and transmission under a non issued recall. Dealer had it over 8 months waiting for the parts. Finally got it back just before Christmas. Got 2 miles from the dealership and the new engine started acting up along with the transmission. As of today it's still sitting at the dealership because they don't know what to do. Ford won't buy it back under the Lemon Law because it needs one more failure to get their required three problems.

These things are a real POS. Aren't they made in China?

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III

Reisender
Nomad
Nomad
People enjoy the Tesla type web based purchase experience. Zero stress. Click click done.

As well the tesla service experience via the app and driveway service is also kinda nice. Techs show up at your place of work or driveway. Very convenient.

Friends had a Mustang Mach E. Ford still sends them oil change coupons. They donโ€™t even track what they sold him. :). Funny.

1995brave
Nomad
Nomad