cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Campground recommendation Memphis or North Miss.

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Hi,
Approaching Memphis area for a family visit and wondering if anyone can recommend a nice laid back campground with reasonable rates? North Mississippi ok too.
10 REPLIES 10

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you go to Fat Larry's, PM me. I live 3 blocks from there. If I am in town, I will meet you there. Welcome to Memphis.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
Lol.
Thanks Bobbo. We have been on a BBQ tour. Starting from the Carolinas all the way around each state we pass. So far our favorites are memphis and north carolina.
North carolina has two styles. Theres a yellow on the east, and a red in the west.
But im not an expert for sure. But learning.
If you need advise on crabs and crabcakes, thats me. Lol

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Meeman-Shelby Forest State Park, nice, but the sites are small. Agricenter, just a big parking lot. Tom Sawyer. Southaven. I would avoid Graceland, it is not in a good part of town. (I live in a Memphis suburb.) For good Memphis BBQ, go to Fat Larry's, in Bartlett. They are not open on Sundays. Not a chain. Definitely a hole in the wall mom and pop place. (Fat Larry died a couple of years ago, but his daughter and ex-wife kept the place open.)
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

groundhogy
Explorer
Explorer
We like Tom Sawyer, but grandma, who we are visiting, is scared to go over the bridge.
She thinks the police are waiting to cuff her for some reason. Lol
My family...

Southhaven seems interesting.
Weโ€™ve been to the agricenter, its fine.
Theres also a state or county park on the memphis side. Forgot the name.

joebedford
Nomad II
Nomad II
Tom Sawyers in Arkansas.

slider45
Nomad
Nomad
rk911 wrote:
we usually stay at the Southhaven RV Park (Southhaven, MS. about 30-min south of the I-55 bridge). https://southavenrvpark.com/

My neighbor has been there and they are actually going back there again soon. They are just waiting for the tires and brake pads from 4Wheelonline and get installed this week. He said the nightly fee is around $48 and about $5 less for Good sams discount.

Michelle_S
Explorer II
Explorer II
We've stayed at Tom Sawyer on the West Shore of the Mississippi River. Short hop, skip, and jump across the Big Muddy to get into Memphis and easy access to the HUGH Bass Pro Store.
2018 Chevy 3500HD High Country Crew Cab DRW, D/A, 2016 Redwood 39MB, Dual AC, Fireplace, Sleep #Bed, Auto Sat Dish, Stack Washer/Dryer, Auto Level Sys, Disk Brakes, Onan Gen, 17.5" "H" tires, MORryde Pin & IS, Comfort Ride, Dual Awnings, Full Body Paint

PhilipB
Explorer
Explorer
We've also stayed at the Agricenter several times due to work, but it's also handy as previous poster says.

Stayed once at Graceland and it was also nice.

Tom Sawyer's also seems to get good reviews, but we haven't ever stayed there.
2015 Ram 2500
[purple]2013 Raptor 310TS[/purple]

junmy3
Explorer
Explorer
We have stayed in Memphis 2 times. Last time was June 2022. Both times we stayed at the Agricenter, https://www.agricenter.org/rvpark. It is not a resort but affordable, safe and good location for visiting Memphis. The sites are close. We would stay there again if we find ourselves back there.
Jim & Junnie
2016 Jay Flight 27RLS

rk911
Explorer
Explorer
we usually stay at the Southhaven RV Park (Southhaven, MS. about 30-min south of the I-55 bridge). https://southavenrvpark.com/
Rich
Ham Radio, Sport Pilot, Retired 9-1-1 Call Center Administrator
'10 Jeep Liberty KK

& MaggieThe Wonder Beagle