cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Driver’s captain chair E450

Fish_mojo
Explorer
Explorer
2017 Minnie Winnie 22M with a E450 platform. The driver seat is not very supportive for long trips. I see some RV captain chairs online, but they look to fit Class A style. Anyone upgrade their Class C seats?
4 REPLIES 4

VA-Apraisr
Explorer II
Explorer II
I ordered new leather seats from the DiscountVanTruck link above and got the Anza ZX and was very surprised how comfortable it is! Obviously, opinion vary so it's a difficult choice to roll the dice. Only drawback: I had to order the custom swivel base (stock Ford would not work for their seats) and this was another $300 on top of the $528 for the chair. Lastly, the swivel base will NOT swivel due to configuration in my Class C with the seat beat bracketry. But, very happy with the much more comfortable seats!

Chum_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Fish mojo wrote:
2017 Minnie Winnie 22M with a E450 platform. The driver seat is not very supportive for long trips. I see some RV captain chairs online, but they look to fit Class A style. Anyone upgrade their Class C seats?

Is your driver side seat the same as the passengers side? Are these seats the Ford factory seats that originally came with the MH? The Flexsteel Captains chairs that you see in many Class A MH's may fit (if you stuff them in) but you probably won't have all the adjustability that the Ford factory seats now have.

Ford used to offer upgraded seats if you bought an Econoline van with an upgraded (luxury) interior package. Buying those seats (if available) new from Ford would be pricey for sure, but you might find something in good condition at a salvage yard for a reasonable price.

Chum lee

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Other options that I’ve seen :
If you buy a new seat without trying it out , you really have no idea how it will perform to fit yourself.

1. A body shop can fabricate things for you . You can fit another type of seat in the OEM’s place. You could find any seat that’s comfortable for you, like a mini van recliner seat that you are able to try and then order one or visit a junk yard for a good seat. Have a body shop fabricator alter the base to make it work.

2. Another option is to have an upholstery shop rebuild what you have, using better foam with better contour to fit your needs. You might find that to be less expensive than buying a new seat.

3. After 6 visits to a chiropractor who adjusted my rotated pelvis, my uncomfortable truck seat became much more comfortable.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
Might not be the seat itself. It might be the angle and height of.
I would explore adding a power multi adjustable base first. If that still doesn’t help , try a cushion or new seat which is the most expensive option.

https://www.discountvantruck.com/

https://shop4seats.com/?ar_clx=yes&ar_campaign=392225307&ar_ad=76691061925939&ar_adgroup=12270551845...