cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wearing under bedroom slide ???

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
The rollers are wearing on the underside of the bedroom slide, I priced stainless 10" by 27" 1/8 thick was told $750. for 2 pieces, seems a bit high, is there an alternate material I can use that's more reasonably priced. Thanks
Art
9 REPLIES 9

Cummins12V98
Explorer III
Explorer III
14ga is what fellow DRV owner placed on his slide bottom with no deflection.
2015 RAM LongHorn 3500 Dually CrewCab 4X4 CUMMINS/AISIN RearAir 385HP/865TQ 4:10's
37,800# GCVWR "Towing Beast"

"HeavyWeight" B&W RVK3600

2016 MobileSuites 39TKSB3 highly "Elited" In the stable

2007.5 Mobile Suites 36 SB3 29,000# Combined SOLD

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Try aluminum plate. Watch out for the thickness of the plates causing the top of the slide to jam in the opening just as it closes completely.

I tried 3/16" and had to remove them and go to 3/32". Plenty stiff.

Google 'specialty aluminum plate'.
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"

shadows4
Explorer III
Explorer III
ilvtravln wrote:
The rollers are wearing on the underside of the bedroom slide, I priced stainless 10" by 27" 1/8 thick was told $750. for 2 pieces, seems a bit high, is there an alternate material I can use that's more reasonably priced. Thanks

1/8 inch thick seems a bit extreme to me. Thin aluminum would be cheaper and easier to use I would think. I haven't done it yet but have been thinking about it as I have had to rebuild our bedroom slide.
I also used a short piece of aluminum drip rail to help stop the wicking. Seems to work well. Good luck.
2016 4X4 F350,CC,SB,Lariat,6.7L diesel,
2015 Coachmen Chapparal 324 TSRK
B&W Patriot 16K hitch.

Bipeflier
Explorer
Explorer
I'm a little late to the party but check out McMaster-Carr.com

McMaster-Carr Stainless 12 X 36
2010 Cruiser CF30SK Patriot
2016 3500 Duramax
1950 Right Hand Seat GPS (she tells me where to go)

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
FLY 4 FUN wrote:
do it before it wears out the Darco material or you will be facing a costly repair if moisture gets into the MDF lining the slide. I tried tape and various coatings but ultimately had to get the slide rebuilt as water wicked down the sides of slide and then along the now porous and torn liner.

Material underside of slide is in good shape, no cracks or holes, want to install stainless steel ahead of any problems. Thanks
Art

ScottG
Nomad
Nomad
Check onlinemetals.com.

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
do it before it wears out the Darco material or you will be facing a costly repair if moisture gets into the MDF lining the slide. I tried tape and various coatings but ultimately had to get the slide rebuilt as water wicked down the sides of slide and then along the now porous and torn liner.
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)

ilvtravln
Explorer II
Explorer II
Allworth wrote:
Most Titanium owners have reinforced with construction grade aluminum. 3/32" is plenty thick.

Do you have a plan for installing??

A

Yes, will install myself, thanks
Art

Allworth
Explorer
Explorer
Most Titanium owners have reinforced with construction grade aluminum. 3/32" is plenty thick.

Do you have a plan for installing??

A
Formerly posting as "littleblackdog"
Martha, Allen, & Blackjack
2006 Chevy 3500 D/A LB SRW, RVND 7710
Previously: 2008 Titanium 30E35SA. Currently no trailer due to age & mobility problems. Very sad!
"Real Jeeps have round headlights"