cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Visible Cell Plans & Service

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
DW & I are seriously considering ditching Verizon. Being senior citizens on a fixed income, the monthly cost is simply to much for us.
One of the plans we're looking at is Visible's 30 dollar a month plan. It's the same as what we have now with Verizon but are paying over twice as much.
Those that are using Visible, what are your opinions. They say they are using Verizon towers & looks like the same coverage, so sounds like it's basically the same but cheaper. Is it worth ditching Verizon for?
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰
30 REPLIES 30

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
I kept my original number from Verizon. I ported it over to Visible.
How did you handle the phone's being unlocked? Was that something you could figure out yourself?

Boy, it's going to be difficult for me to switch to Visible if their password reset function doesn't even work.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

milo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Thanks for all the feed back. We've decided that we're gonna move in that direction.

Milo
Janet & Milo ...47 fantastic yrs 2gether :B
Mona Yorkie & Buddy our beloved Beagle (both in spirit)
2013 F-150 Kodiak Brown XLT 4X4 HD Ecoboost
2014 Cougar 26sab

Living under the best Government money can buy ... Bob Brinker ๐Ÿ˜‰

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
fj12ryder wrote:
I'd rather deal with a chat line, at least I can understand what they're typing. I've had too many encounters with call center employees that I cannot understand.
No kidding. They're either Indian, Asian, or in some cases, born and bred right here at home.

fj12ryder
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom_M wrote:
theoldwizard1 wrote:
The only customer service you get from Visible is via online chat or email.
This is typically true. But if you are not getting results via chat you can really push the matter and arrange for a voice call back.
I'd rather deal with a chat line, at least I can understand what they're typing. I've had too many encounters with call center employees that I cannot understand. They really need a bit more screening for operators that are going to be speaking to solely English speaking customers.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

Tom_M1
Explorer
Explorer
theoldwizard1 wrote:
This is typically true. But if you are not getting results via chat you can really push the matter and arrange for a voice call back.
Tom
2005 Born Free 24RB
170ah Renogy LiFePo4 drop-in battery 400 watts solar
Towing 2016 Mini Cooper convertible on tow dolly
Minneapolis, MN

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
deltabravo wrote:
Excellent. Was reading something about not being able to keep your old number if you now live in a different area code.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
Did you keep your old number, and if so, was it a big hassle?

As soon as my number went offline at Verizon, when it became active on Visible, Verizon closed my account. I didn't have to do ANYTHING with Verizon to tell them I didn't want their service any longer.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
bgum wrote:
My wife and I each have our phones on visible..
Since we switched from Verizon about 3 years ago we have been satisfied.
Did you keep your old number, and if so, was it a big hassle?

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
liamricci wrote:
What about if i need a large amount of data? Any deals?

Ting does not have any really good deals on data. Go with Visible.

liamricci
Explorer
Explorer
What about if i need a large amount of data? Any deals?
I am a freelancer and work 100% from my computer and my phone, using microsoft teams phone number.
At all the time of day and night i just need a very good internet connection and not too many campsites can offer that.
I am ready to pay whatever it takes for the good package deal, so appreciate some advices.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:
If you do NOT use much data (like less than 10GB), check out Ting. Also runs on Verizon. 2 iPhones, unlimited talk and text, <5GB data, UNDER $30 WITH TAXES !

THat's a bargain too! I've never heard of Ting.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:

That's a very good thing to point out. This is part of how they offer lower rates.... they scale back their operations and don't have a phone call center, stores, etc.

I know that for my parents, who are in their early 80s, doing chat would NEVER work for them.

I'm OK with chat for customer service. The various questions I had before ordering Visible were answered in a timely easy to understand manner.

I honestly can't remember the last time I had an issue with Verizon that required me to contact them.
I did do a chat session with them last week when I inquired about a different account option.

I got my phone activated and the Verizon number ported over from Verizon.
Once I completed the process through the Visible app, the port was complete and the new phone was live in maybe 5 minutes, although the app said it might take 24 hours.

I logged in to my Verizon account and it said "your account has been deactivated"... so the number port process killed my Verizon account automatically it seems. LOL GOOD RIDDENS VERIZON.

Even with my school employee discount, I was paying more than I wanted to pay. (Yep, I'm still working full time)

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer

If you do NOT use much data (like less than 10GB), check out Ting. Also runs on Verizon. 2 iPhones, unlimited talk and text, <5GB data, UNDER $30 WITH TAXES !

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
My Visible phone arrived yesterday. I got all the apps installed last night. Today I will get the cellular part of it configured.

Verizon lost me due to their rate increase last summer and the 5gb data limit on my current plan, which is an old plan from 4 years ago. A higher data plan would cost more, and I'm not interested in spending MORE money on a cell phone plan.

I'd been considering Visible for the last year or more. When I first checked Visible, they were pretty new and only had a few phone offerings. I don't even think they supported my current phone at the time, an iPhone 8 Plus.