Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Full roof replacement

yojivi
Explorer
Explorer
Hello everyone. I am new to the site.
Hard to get proper info, but I'm looking for guidance on a full roof replacement. My home is about 200 sqm in size and presently has concrete/cement roof tiles. It was built in 1980. After the crazy weather, we had a roofer come and do a minor repair to the roof, but he is now saying that the roof has had it and a full roof replacement is required ***Link Removed***. It is very expensive and it's very difficult to gauge what is a reasonable cost.
So far, I have had;
2 quotes to replace the existing roof with the color bond โ€“ one quote was $50K the other quote was $60K.
1 quote to replace an existing roof with cement tiles โ€“ $78K.
1 quote to replace an existing roof with terracotta tiles โ€“ $97K.
$50K for the absolute cheapest seems like a lot, but maybe I'm wrong and my expectations need adjusting.

Thanks in advance.
1 REPLY 1

opnspaces
Navigator
Navigator
This is a recreational vehicle forum (motorhomes and camping trailers and such). I think you want a forum for home improvements.

Roofing prices for a regular stick and brick home can range all over the place depending on where you are located.

You location says United Kingdom so I have no ideas about roofing prices where you live. Here in the United States I am in Southern California and had my roof replaced last year. I have asphalt singles and to fully strip and replace the shingles on my 1400 sq ft (130 sqm) cost me around $16,000 USD) so to me the prices you are being quoted are way out of line.
Good luck on you roof.
2001 Suburban 4x4. 6.0L, 4.10 3/4 ton **** 2005 Jayco Jay Flight 27BH **** 1986 Coleman Columbia Popup