cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Memphis Bound looking for RV park

Danpaine
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Folks. We're visiting Memphis in May, and are looking for a decent RV park not too far from downtown, and we're visiting Graceland, too.

Any tips appreciated. Thank you.
2016 Forest River Forester
10 REPLIES 10

mkc
Explorer
Explorer
Danpaine wrote:
Hi Folks. We're visiting Memphis in May, and are looking for a decent RV park not too far from downtown, and we're visiting Graceland, too.

Any tips appreciated. Thank you.

If you're literally there for "Memphis in May" (or during it), which is a HUGE BBQ competition, make sure you have reservations.
2017 LTV Unity

Busdriver
Explorer
Explorer
TOM SAWYAR ! If you like the Mississippi River

Busdriver

2019 2500 Chevy Duramax , - 2017 Grand Design 303 RLS

fredandkathy
Explorer
Explorer
A third for Tom Sawyer

ken56
Explorer
Explorer
A second for Tom Sawyers.

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have stopped at Memphis at least four times. The DW needs to make sure Elvis is OK.

Stayed at three CGs, Graceland, Tom Sawyers & a city? one on the east side of the river.

The city one is small & is near a water treatment plant. Smells if the wind is in the wrong direction.

Graceland is pricey, needs office & security staff with much better people skills & very convenient to Graceland of course.

Tom Sawyer's, across the river, is a little bit of a drive, subject to rush hour traffic, but is well worth any inconvenience. If Elvis is not your thing, not mine, you can spend the day sitting on the levee watching the towboats go by.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

dapperdan
Explorer
Explorer
I third the motion for EZ Daze. We stay there on our way to Florida, never a disappointment! Very well run and clean not far from Graceland but downtown is a bit of a drive but easy to do. Check out Memphis BBQ Company, good stuff there. :B

Dan

C_B_
Explorer
Explorer
haddy1 wrote:
EZ Daze in Southaven, MS is a very nice park in a safe area. Easy drive to the war zone.

Second EZ daze.

Stayed there 3 days when my Ford 6.0 had problems.

Clean quiet park.

If you need work done on your MH.

I can't say enough good about Landers Ford in Southaven.

C.B.
CBVP2004~FORD~F350~CC~LARIAT~SRW~SB~4X4~6.0D~
AUTO~PULLRITE 16K SUPERGLIDE~DEMCO GLIDERIDE~
PRODIGY CONTROLLER~C-BETR MIRRORS~EMS-HW50C~

Butch/Barb=2013-Cedar Creek 36CKTS
Kris/Katy=2006-Cherokee 32B

craig7h
Nomad
Nomad
When in the Memphis area we like staying across the river at Tom Sawyer RV park http://tomsawyersrvpark.com/ Its an easy drive to Memphis. We did Memphis during the day and had no problem. I believe we spent 3 days there, lots to see and do.
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly

haddy1
Explorer
Explorer
EZ Daze in Southaven, MS is a very nice park in a safe area. Easy drive to the war zone.
2019 Tiffin Phaeton 37BH
2018 Grand Cherokee Toad

bob213
Explorer
Explorer
Graceland Rv Park is across the street from Graceland. Take the shuttle to downtown from hotel next to Graceland. Parking is difficult downtown so shuttle makes it easy. 6000 mile trip and Memphis was the city we felt least safe in. Be aware of your surroundings. Have fun.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality โ€“ Ayn Rand