cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Slide Out Freezer/Refrigerator

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
Always wanted / needed additional freezer space for longer roadtrips so this is how I solved the problem. After careful measurements, I found that the Alpicool C40 Portable Refrigerator 12 Volt Car Freezer 42 Quart(40 Liter) would be the best fit. Can be used with 120 or 12 volts.
I made a slide out tray with 100 lb.Full Extension slides and installed a 12 volt receptacle in the compartment.
I have used the Freezer/ Refrigerator on two trips now. One 4 day trip as a refrigerator and a 35 day trip as a freezer. It has worked flawlessly. The compartment was previously used for drink storage or misc. ****. I even made the accessory pouch that carries the 120 volt cord.

3 REPLIES 3

fyrflie
Explorer III
Explorer III
CA Traveler wrote:
Nice! I was curious about venting on hot days?

I havenโ€™t been in hot weather yet, but I am thinking about some vents on the upper edge of the compartment closest to the rear tires. Itโ€™s a protected area by the wheel well liner but should allow warm air to exit. This same compartment also houses the converter/charger so some air may be good. Or I can vent it towards the holding tank area. Havenโ€™t decided yet.

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
Nice upgrade.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

CA_Traveler
Explorer III
Explorer III
Nice! I was curious about venting on hot days?
2009 Holiday Rambler 42' Scepter with ISL 400 Cummins
750 Watts Solar Morningstar MPPT 60 Controller
2014 Grand Cherokee Overland

Bob