cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2010 Duramax electric brake voltage??

ivbinconned
Explorer II
Explorer II
I pull with a 2016 Ram and thanks to this form last fall I learned that my truck had a “light/heavy” towing setting for the electric brake circuit. Increasing the voltage for heavy.
I also had not known that at slower speeds the voltage is reduced.

Question. Friends are heading out tomorrow from Saskatchewan heading for Southern California.
They are driving a 2010 Duramax pulling a fifth wheel. Would his truck have a similar setting other than the normal “gain” adjustment?
Ram and 34 ft Cedar Creek
4 REPLIES 4

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
There’s 2 Canadians who haven’t read their owners manuals….lol.

Always think when I see someone rolling down the road here with their big 5ver like they’re the rubber ducky leading the convoy, are they one of those folks who don’t even know where the tow haul button is, much less have any redeeming qualifications that make them at least relatively safe to drive a miniature semi truck?

Cracker Jack box and a big wallet or line of credit is all that’s needed.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
Grit dog wrote:
OP why are you asking about the trailer brakes on that rig? IE if they don’t work well at a reasonable gain, they need to be fixed.

That was my thought too, plus, it's someone else's truck, so don't be concerned with it.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
But you can get a plug n play module to activate an exhaust (turbo) brake on LBZ and LMM.
$700 and virtually no labor. They work decent.

OP why are you asking about the trailer brakes on that rig? IE if they don’t work well at a reasonable gain, they need to be fixed.
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
ivbinconned wrote:
Question. Friends are heading out tomorrow from Saskatchewan heading for Southern California.
They are driving a 2010 Duramax pulling a fifth wheel. Would his truck have a similar setting other than the normal “gain” adjustment?

Nope. I have a 2009, which is identical to the 2010.
There's a plus and minus sign to tweak the gain setting, that's all.

Any HD Silverado/Sierra 2007.5 and newer could have the ITBC, not just the Duramax equipped trucks.... so really, it's "Silverado/Sierra" (maybe even a 1500 truck / Suburban / Tahoe option too) not just a "Duramax" thing.

Also, 2007.5 - 2010 is the LMM Duramax, which don't have an exhaust (turbo) brake
2011 + (LML, L5P) have an exhaust brake.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator